Rumor: Dreger: Sources Indicate Tocchet Will Not Be Extended, Will Go To Free Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
:party:
Although my birthday was in April, I'll take this as a belated birthday present (although I would have preferred to receive it a year or two ago).

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Please let this rumor be true. That would be step one..most important step would be to hire the RIGHT coach for the job afterwards. I don't know exactly who but some good candidates are available.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'll wait until it happens before I get excited. It's also really worrisome if it's true he had a shot at getting an extension if they limped into the playoffs.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Housley’s deal is up as well so he’s gone too.

Don’t know Varady’s contract details. Don’t mind keeping him. Don’t mind starting fresh.

Reactions: KG and Jakey53

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Craig will say this:

"Another whiff by a Coyotes franchise that has become synonymous with screwing the pooch. They have let a Jack Adams-caliber coach and fan favorite go, in favor of an uncertain future. Yet another top-shelf NHL coach, after Dave Tippett who was ill-served every year he coached here by poor rosters and bad ownership, set free by a franchise that can't figure out what it's doing. Good luck to Rick Tocchet, who will likely be in the playoffs next year while Arizona wastes another year in futility."

It may not be word for word, but I betcha that's what's going through his head.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Man, I saw the words "Tocchet" and "Extended" and it was almost all over for me until I re-read it again.

Was so sick of Tocchet's dead man walking act - he should have been out a year ago after the Hall failure. Cant wait for a new guy to bring some energy to the team like Varady or Van Ryn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad