Speculation: Dreger on Buffalo's asking price for Myers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CerealKiller

Oct 25, 2014
Come on Kindl + 2nd round 2016 for Myers now.
Don't think they'll do it, Buffalo has the upper hand and they know it. They aren't trying to trade Myers to us, we are trying to trade for Myers. If that trade goes through it is gonna be dipped in Buffalo's favor.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
So what you are saying is they are all playing poorly because they have "5" good defensemen, and they are splitting all the ice time? Nah I don't buy that. The team is just playing poorly. Thus their stats look poor.

They are getting more playing time than they would in the NHL
They are facing lower level of competition than they would in the NHL
They should be putting up more points, or more stats than they would in the NHL.

If it is true and these guys are "fully developed" and playing in the AHL is a joke to them... Then they need to play better.

Suck it up, you didn't make the team yet, but within 1 year, these kids HAVE to make the NHL, or they are out of hockey basically. This is crunch time and they need to perform. Its very possible that this pressure has alot more to do with jitters than anything else.

Actually they all have almost 2 years of waiver exemption remaining. They have time left to get better and I think at least a couple of them will turn into good players.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Come on Kindl + 2nd round 2016 for Myers now.

Detroit could'nt fit Myers under the cap by just trading Kindl alone. Myers has a $5.5M price tag and Kindl makes $2.4M over the next 3 years and Detroit only has about $2.5M cap space available. I guess if one of jurco or Nesty gets sent down to Grand Rapids it might work but it still leaves us in a bind if we need to call up players for Injuries.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
when was the last time a "name player" was traded for anything close to a mantha plus ouellete plus kindl plus top 18 overall 1st rd draft pick(our pick will almost certainly be a top 18)?

it matters not what the reason or timing of the trade is, it never has and it never will

once a team decides it wants to or has to trade a player the return is at best 1/4(on average) what hfboard posters predict/demand/expect

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I bet Detroit is going to go after James Wisniewski. It looks like Columbus is out of the playoff picture this season (they have a few weeks to try and turn it around). Wisniewski is signed for two more seasons after this one at a $5.5 million cap hit. He's also from the Michigan area.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I bet Detroit is going to go after James Wisniewski. It looks like Columbus is out of the playoff picture this season (they have a few weeks to try and turn it around). Wisniewski is signed for two more seasons after this one at a $5.5 million cap hit. He's also from the Michigan area.

Not a chance, especially after Wisniewski blasted Detroit when he signed with Columbus.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Not a chance, especially after Wisniewski blasted Detroit when he signed with Columbus.

I know he turned down Detroit's offer when he was a free agent years ago. Did he ever say anything publicly?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I know he turned down Detroit's off when he was a free agent years ago. Did he ever say anything publicly?

“For me, knowing Detroit’s history they don’t really pay the market value for a defenseman or any player,’’ Wisniewski said on NHL Live. “So I didn’t think that was going to be a fit for myself.

It's not scathing, but I don't think Holland would appreciate that type of talk.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
“For me, knowing Detroit’s history they don’t really pay the market value for a defenseman or any player,’’ Wisniewski said on NHL Live. “So I didn’t think that was going to be a fit for myself.

It's not scathing, but I don't think Holland would appreciate that type of talk.

Eh, whatever. He got his contract. That was four years ago. If he doesn't want to play in Detroit he can continue having fun not playing in the playoffs.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Right. Mantha, Ouellet, Kindl, and a 1st might get the Sabres attention. :rolleyes:

Considering they don't even want to trade him and is part of their future plans, then yes, I'd say so. Especially considering it is a team in the same division as ours.

Imagine Oilers calling Holland 3 times per day begging for Gustav Nyquist... then offer Keith Aulie and a 2016 2nd rounder :laugh:

Or even better, Yzerman begging Holland to give him Gus Nyquist for Eric Brewer and 2nd rounder + a signed Yzerman jersey.

No, a GM in that situation will name his price that he is content with which is heavily in his favor. And I mean heavily.

If you want Myers, then be prepared to pay. Buffalo Sabres isn't going to be Detroit's official player development center like many here seem to think :laugh:

Bottom line, Myers isn't coming to Detroit. Not a chance in the world it ever happens during his current contract. Especially not for Kindl and a 2nd rounder :help:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Well, at the time he was absolutely right. The Wings were absolutely unwilling to make competitive offers to UFA's.

Fast forward to now, and we offer more than other teams, and can't get anyone. Maybe if we were a little proactive before Lidstrom retired we'd have a more viable defense.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Considering they don't even want to trade him and is part of their future plans, then yes, I'd say so. Especially considering it is a team in the same division as ours.

Imagine Oilers calling Holland 3 times per day begging for Gustav Nyquist... then offer Keith Aulie and a 2016 2nd rounder :laugh:

Or even better, Yzerman begging Holland to give him Gus Nyquist for Eric Brewer and 2nd rounder + a signed Yzerman jersey.

No, a GM in that situation will name his price that he is content with which is heavily in his favor. And I mean heavily.

If you want Myers, then be prepared to pay. Buffalo Sabres isn't going to be Detroit's official player development center like many here seem to think :laugh:

Bottom line, Myers isn't coming to Detroit. Not a chance in the world it ever happens during his current contract. Especially not for Kindl and a 2nd rounder :help:

Basically Yup Minimum 2015 first honestly.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

your arguement is based solely on why the sabres wont trade myers

however, IF the sabres trade Myers then the return will follow suit of all other "name" players traded over the last decade from thronton through kesler and luongo

the reason or circumstances surronding the trade will become irrelevant as that all goes out the window the nanosecond buffalos GM decides(if he was to) that he is trading tyler myers

if myers isnt traded it could be because the sabres have no interest in trading him or because tyler has begged them not be traded or because it was a thursday

i agree though, kindl and a 2nd is laughable, as laughable as nyquist or mantha having to be includ.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

however, IF the sabres trade Myers then the return will follow suit of all other "name" players traded over the last decade from thronton through kesler and luongo

the reason or circumstances surronding the trade will become irrelevant as that all goes out the window the nanosecond buffalos GM decides(if he was to) that he is trading tyler myers

if myers isnt traded it could be because the sabres have no interest in trading him or because tyler has begged them not be traded or because it was a thursday

i agree though, kindl and a 2nd is laughable, as laughable as nyquist or mantha having to be includ.

I mean crazy things have happened.
Filip Forsberg is the prime example. But I mean that is a botch job of epic proportions and this season is pointing that out to the chagrin of WSH fans.

But we are not trading Nyquist or Mantha. Like ever. I can think of no return that would be worth it honestly. (Baring some GM going full george mcphee)

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Kesler and Luongo aren't franchise 24/yr old right handed 6'8" PMDs that can score, either.

A pretty much underwheling Chara brought back Yashin (the guy Wings wanted to trade Yzerman for) + 2nd round (which turns out to be Jason Spezza).

Myers is better than Chara at that same age and has accomplished more at the young age of 24. So in that respect, Myers is worth more than Chara was when he was traded. And look at what Chara brought back...

Yashin was a 40 goal scorer and over a PPG player.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Myers is better than Chara at that same age and has accomplished more at the young age of 24. So in that respect, Myers is worth more than Chara was when he was traded. And look at what Chara brought back...

Just stop with the Chara comparisons. There's no comparison to be made between the two.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Just stop with the Chara comparisons. There's no comparison to be made between the two.

While I agree, who can we compare him to that these other posters claim nobody brought back that kind of return... when in fact we can't compare him to anybody. Because he is unique player with a unique skill-set which nobody currently in the NHL can be comparable to.

One posted decided to use Kesler and Luongo as a comparison. Lol :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->