Dreger: NHL Investigating Arizona Over Testing Draft Eligible CHL Players

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Hmmm. I can see why this would be a non-issue for most teams, but I honestly cannot think of a reason why Arizona would chose to test that boundary anyway. Not like they have assets they can afford to throw away.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
My understanding is they don't want it getting out of hand and the kids being forced to go through 31 (soon to be 32) rounds of testing with very little oversight. That's why the combine exists.

In addition to this, I imagine they don't want some teams building relationships with potential prospects. Could unduly influence future decisions concerning their career.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Arizona might be the only team that got caught. There's no way Canadian teams aren't doing this in their own backyard

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I don’t even see how this is even much of an advantage if at all. So what you know before other teams? Everyone knows well before the draft anyway.

Reactions: uncleben

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Why is this bad? Every team should be doing this.

Why is there a reason not too?
The CBA and the fact that players should not be bothered too much. Imagine 31 soon 32 times during the season some guys will want you to do the hoops for them if you are ф top prospect. The guys should really have some time to play hockey and train.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturaledge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad