Speculation: Dreger: Detroit are eager to make a move

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
You have to wonder what we will do once we move the cap casualty player. We will then just have enough cap space to fit everyone in as it is if we want to make a trade to inject some life or at the TD we will have to clear more salary.

If we continue to play poorly I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of a blockbuster move. With Florida apparently looking to move out some players I wonder if Campbell or Fleischmann would be made available. both would help us out tremendously, Flash would fit in perfectly on the 2nd line with Weiss & Tatar, Campbell would give us one of the best PMD in the league and a legit PPQB.

I've been a proponent for trading for Campbell back to last years deadline. The only thing is that his contract is huge & we have little cap space. Say we traded for both of Campbell & Fleischmann we could roll a lineup of:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Fleischmann-Weiss-Tatar
Nyquist-Franzen-Bertuzzi
Abdelkader-Andersson/Helm-Miller

Kronwall-Campbell
Ericsson-Smith
Kindl-DeKeyser
Lashoff

Though that lineup seems a bit to much like fantasy. Cleary isn't in it & I'm not sure we have enough cap space to make it work but we shouldn't have a problem scoring anymore with a lineup like that.

Yes, I'd say it's fantasy. I don't see Florida making a blockbuster deal with a divisional rival. Even if we free up $2-4mil by dumping a couple people, those two players are worth $11.6m. Your roster doesn't even include any players going the other way.. are we getting them for free? The only players you're missing are Sammy, Quincey, Tootoo+Eaves (easily gone/waived), Cleary (never going away). Unless Florida feels like taking all of our garbage.

What about going after Calgary's vets? they have a bunch of cap space, go for like Glencross or Stempniak. Maybe Edmonton and include Tootoo in a package for a big trade. Phx/Nsh have a surplus of defensive prospects we could use

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The only vet on want from Calgary is Hudler. For craps sake why let him walk if you're going to waste money on the Sammy/Danny /Bert trifecta of fantastically failing fecal footed forwards.

drewdwall

Jul 5, 2013
rivals

Yes, I'd say it's fantasy. I don't see Florida making a blockbuster deal with a divisional rival. Even if we free up $2-4mil by dumping a couple people, those two players are worth $11.6m. Your roster doesn't even include any players going the other way.. are we getting them for free? The only players you're missing are Sammy, Quincey, Tootoo+Eaves (easily gone/waived), Cleary (never going away). Unless Florida feels like taking all of our garbage.

What about going after Calgary's vets? they have a bunch of cap space, go for like Glencross or Stempniak. Maybe Edmonton and include Tootoo in a package for a big trade. Phx/Nsh have a surplus of defensive prospects we could use

You assume Florida operates like a normal, deeply franchised nhl team. It has never been a team that embraces hockey integrity. Tallon brings that finally, but he is strapped with a nightmare, despite good efforts. Campbell is a steady, heavy minutes dman. Wings would improve with him. Panthers are again desperate, that is all they know how to be, so division rival trade tradition seems irrelevant. I dont see the trade, but no team has made worse trade decisions in the last 13 years than the Panthers.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
You assume Florida operates like a normal, deeply franchised nhl team. It has never been a team that embraces hockey integrity. Tallon brings that finally, but he is strapped with a nightmare, despite good efforts. Campbell is a steady, heavy minutes dman. Wings would improve with him. Panthers are again desperate, that is all they know how to be, so division rival trade tradition seems irrelevant. I dont see the trade, but no team has made worse trade decisions in the last 13 years than the Panthers.

They have new ownership, they are bound to change for the better eventually.

drewdwall

Jul 5, 2013
dude

They have new ownership, they are bound to change for the better eventually.

Dude, been here 13 years. There is no state more corrupt than Florida. Nothing is sincere since I have been here. Until he shows Ilitch love for hockey, he is suspect. And that kind of love happens after you win the Stanley Cup. Do you really believe that, or are you just hoping for a sold out game? Sorry, but you gotta laugh at that.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Dude, been here 13 years. There is no state more corrupt than Florida. Nothing is sincere since I have been here. Until he shows Ilitch love for hockey, he is suspect. And that kind of love happens after you win the Stanley Cup. Do you really believe that, or are you just hoping for a sold out game? Sorry, but you gotta laugh at that.

A lot of us live outside Detroit and were 3-4 hours from Chicago. Florida ain't that bad in terms of corruption.

Detroit Sports*

cross thomas vanek off our wish list, he is off to the NYI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->