Draper on WDFN NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevaxe2k4

Apr 9, 2004

Asked about Goodenow he seems relatively positive. He said a cap is what it takes to fix the game and Goodenow realized that.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Right on.

Now that the players and Goodenow realize a cap is necessary just agree on the right number (44 million?) and sign it tomorrow!

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Kindof sick... yzerman and the wings saving hockey. The past two years of playoff dissapointment finally vindicated for the Hockeytown Faithful

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
I've become a bigger Yzerman fan throughout all of this lockout nonsense. He's remained classy all the way through. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't attack Bettman or the NHL and wasn't one of those "I would rather die than accept a cap players". Sure, he said the NHLPA wouldn't accept a cap but thats what a good team players does, support his side. Here's hoping Steve wins the cup this year!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is for keeps now people. You can't release public statements saying there will be a meeting and then cancel the same season twice.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
go kim johnsson said:
This is for keeps now people. You can't release public statements saying there will be a meeting and then cancel the same season twice.
I wouldn't put anything past the NHL.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Yzerman is a credit to this game. He doesn't speak much but when he says something, it is always worth listening.
I think a bunch of influential guys realised on wednesday that their great hockey careers could end up in a lockout. No good bye game, no last stick, no waving to the standing home crowd... So they may have strongly contributed to this push for a deal.

Mats

Jul 27, 2003
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
Kindof sick... yzerman and the wings saving hockey. The past two years of playoff dissapointment finally vindicated for the Hockeytown Faithful

Actually it needs to be noted that Draper specifically said that Yzerman was not part of the group of players working on it.

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If it weren't for Gretzky and Lemieux playing the same position in the same era, guys like Yzerman and Hawerchuk (sorry gotta mention ducky when I reflect on the 80's/90's!!! :D) would have gotten the accolades they deserve!

It's weird. I can remember Gretz calling the Devils a micky mouse organization; Lemieux not going up for his jersey when drafted by Pittsburg; Lemieux & Gretzky constantly whining to the refs; but I can't think of a single incident that might tarnish Stevie's image of classiness.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
JWI19 said:
Yzerman was the voice of reason after the cancellation saying there is time left to get a deal done. He didn't want to be involved in the talks, but when he speaks, people listen.

If the season gets saved after all, I have only one thing to say to Yzerman:

"We're Not Worthy!" :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad