Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Do you have a shift key on your keyboard or the ability to provide punctuation?

He was terrific on his recent call up compared to his previous ones and he was amazing on he forcheck anyone that understand hockey was able to identify this.
terrific players don't get sent down at his age. He is pretty much a depth player who may develop a bit more

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
terrific players don't get sent down at his age. He is pretty much a depth player who may develop a bit more

Didnt say he was terrific player, or suggest he was anything other than a depth forward. Not once did I say that, I said he played terrific its right in my post. He got sent down because he is on a two way contract not hard to understand that when he plays more than Pyatt and Mccormick.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Good timing. Can make the argument now that he deserves and earned it.

No guilt in being excited for his first game.

Go drake go

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Batherson in the top 6- where he ultimately fits, and Paul in the bottom 6 where he ultimately fits...
IMO it has to do with not leaving Belleville with nothing ; and Boucher not wanting so many rookies in the lineup.

Ottawa has two very good top 6 RWers in Stone & Ryan, I expect Batherson will be a very good top 6 player too at some point maybe even now but I would have played him with Tkachuk & White to create a dynamic 3rd line. Of course, I doubt GB would play three rookies together no matter how good each one of them are & defensively responsible. If Batherson is replacing Paul, why isn't Chlapik replacing White?

I've always considered Paul a bottom six player in the NHL at centre (Paul Guastad) since he is very good defensively & could be a decent faceoff guy too but he can also play LW & with a playmaker at centre like Brown would improve their 4th line. If Brown ever gets his act together down there & stays healthy he would be an interesting callup & along with Paul would certainly upgrade the 4th line & hopefully make it more productive. I imagine after the deadline if PD is able to move a few guys (Ps) Brown & Paul could get a callup & on the 4th line with a guy like McCormick would be at least interesting although again I doubt GB plays them unless he is forced. Should be a very sad day for GB if Pyatt is traded leading up to the deadline, he'll probably wear a black arm band.

Smith - Duchene - Stone - Smith & Stone play well together, Duchene is gravy
Dzingel - Tierny - Ryan - Ryan quietly having a pretty good start to the season
Tkachuk - White/Chlapik - Batherson - would love to see these three together
Paul - Brown - McCormick - could use a good goal scoring RWer with jam

Yeah
I agree to an extent. It would be nice to see him get to stay in one role. The problem is in Belleville he is a a top 6 player but in the NHL he never will be that. For a bottom 6 player I don’t think the NHL is the league where you figure out your positioning, and that’s something Paul still has to do. To me it seems like Dorion is trying to give Paul a chance but Boucher is reluctant.

Agreed, but if Pyatt & Paajarvi are both moved leading up to the deadline, hopefully GB will be forced to play him more, but then again who would want them & we may have to wait until the end of the season when their contracts will be up.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Not many of us would have predicted this top 6 happening so soon before training camp

Hopeful White is back 100% and Batherson doesn't miss a step and says so long to the AHL

A third line with Dzingel-Tierney-Ryan could be very good as well. Both Dzingel and Ryan have been playing well lately.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ottawa has two very good top 6 RWers in Stone & Ryan, I expect Batherson will be a very good top 6 player too at some point maybe even now but I would have played him with Tkachuk & White to create a dynamic 3rd line. Of course, I doubt GB would play three rookies together no matter how good each one of them are & defensively responsible. If Batherson is replacing Paul, why isn't Chlapik replacing White?

I've always considered Paul a bottom six player in the NHL at centre (Paul Guastad) since he is very good defensively & could be a decent faceoff guy too but he can also play LW & with a playmaker at centre like Brown would improve their 4th line. If Brown ever gets his act together down there & stays healthy he would be an interesting callup & along with Paul would certainly upgrade the 4th line & hopefully make it more productive. I imagine after the deadline if PD is able to move a few guys (Ps) Brown & Paul could get a callup & on the 4th line with a guy like McCormick would be at least interesting although again I doubt GB plays them unless he is forced. Should be a very sad day for GB if Pyatt is traded leading up to the deadline, he'll probably wear a black arm band.

Smith - Duchene - Stone - Smith & Stone play well together, Duchene is gravy
Dzingel - Tierny - Ryan - Ryan quietly having a pretty good start to the season
Tkachuk - White/Chlapik - Batherson - would love to see these three together
Paul - Brown - McCormick - could use a good goal scoring RWer with jam

Agreed, but if Pyatt & Paajarvi are both moved leading up to the deadline, hopefully GB will be forced to play him more, but then again who would want them & we may have to wait until the end of the season when their contracts will be up.

No way Boucher plays 3 rookies on 1 line in a prominent role YET... maybe by the end of the year

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Definitely could happen if the UFAs disappear

That's what I'm hoping for & Ottawa could have the best right side since the days of Alfredsson, Hossa & Havlat, man, they were good back then. :thumbu:

Then again, I'm also hoping that GB gets canned at some point & Ottawa hires a real coach who is able to get the players to play both offensively & defensively at the same time in the same yr & not just one way one yr & another way the next yr.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
tbh Batherson didn't look ready in the pre season for NHL games.

That could change but lets wait and see before we call him a legit top 6 guys deserving of being there

I get what your saying, but Im more talking about the situation as of today.

If we went back to training camp, I didn't think that any of White, Dzingel, Tkachuk or Batherson were deserving of being top 6 players on a competitive NHL team. Im happy to admit that I was wrong, and that all 4 of them look plenty legit to me (including Drake who hasn't even played an NHL game yet). I would guess that all 4 of those guys could step into the top 6 on just about any team in the league right now.

Reactions: HSF

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
My god this is amazing if true..

The most awesome part about it is that all 6 of those guys in the top 6 fully deserve to be there right now. I see no plugs.

And that 3rd line could be great too. Even the 4th has the potential to be good. Just can't say enough good things about this lineup...
That 4th Line has a little potential, very little. :)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Best Drake that currently lives in Canada. JUST SAYING

Very happy to see Drake get called up so early in the season. My favourite Sens prospect since Mark Stone. Make me proud Drake.

Reactions: Clayonator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad