Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
if he cannot play top 6 he should stay in the A until he can.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
if he cannot play top 6 he should stay in the A until he can.
I'm happy with him in the top 9 to be honest, assuming White is available. I think we can have 3 solid lines with him.

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk-White-Stone
Boedker-Tierney-Batherson

I think you could put the right wingers on any of those lines and get a decent scoring line, though I'd probably swap Ryan and Batherson because the Tierney Boedker Ryan line had some success.

Reactions: Clayonator

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Dzingel - Duchene - Stone
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Tierney - Pageau - Ryan
Paajarvi - Smith - Boedker
MCormick

Trade Pyatt
Trade Smith if you can and put Paul on the 4rth line C.
If you can trade Paajarvi do it and insert McCormick

Reactions: Clayonator

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm happy with him in the top 9 to be honest, assuming White is available. I think we can have 3 solid lines with him.

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk-White-Stone
Boedker-Tierney-Batherson

I think you could put the right wingers on any of those lines and get a decent scoring line, though I'd probably swap Ryan and Batherson because the Tierney Boedker Ryan line had some success.

I meant more in the context of being given minutes and linemates as opposed to playing with the Ps

Reactions: Micklebot

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If Drake gets the right line mates and the right minutes he may never see the AHL again. He just seems like one of those guys that always capalizes when he needs to.
ive been a fan of his since his first rookie camp... but when asked to play at the NHL level he goes a bit invisible.. preseason...even rookie tourney.. im not saying he will never be a good nhler, because I think he will be.. but I think asking him to be that now is too much.... BUUUUTT I did say to temper expectations in the AHL and he blew my expectations out of the water.

Reactions: Cosmix

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
This is super cool! I played summer ball hockey against him and he worked at our golf club as a summer job. Despite him making fun of my shorts at ball hockey (!) he's extremely nice, hard working and an incredible role model for the kids in our area. He's as great off the ice as he is on the ice. I am really excited to watch him play and hope nothing but the greatest success for him.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Excited to watch his debut. He's gonna be a star for the Sens one day.

Can't help but feel like this is a bit of a desperate bid to sell tickets though. Looks like there's only about 8-9k of tickets sold for Thursday. Call him up early and get the "enemy of the people" to build hype for his debut after a monster 6 point game on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad