Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Man i f***ing love batherson but anyone else have this feeling that if any of our players get too good they are out of the door?

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hope he gets more mins tonight. Looked great in his first game, but I'd like to see him play more than 3 mins in each of the last two periods

He must be learning a lot about how to play defensively in the NHL. The forwards are highly skilled and skate a lot faster so he is learning that he must pay attention and act before the forwards beat them to the puck and net.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Man i ****ing love batherson but anyone else have this feeling that if any of our players get too good they are out of the door?

Stop looking at the sens as a team you want to win a cup. Accept the fact this is a development team for the rest of the league and it will make it easier for you.

Reactions: Caesar Rex

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
No. Stop worrying so much.

Lol this is what people told me when I said they were going to trade Karlsson.

Anyway well have Batherson for a while but if he gets as good as Chabot Stone Karlsson Duchene and thus able to command 9 - 10 mill his days as an Ottawa Senator would be numbered.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
He ain't going nowhere.

Remember when the one guy we thought would go nowhere went somewhere? And then it happened like 3 other times?

Or are you being clever in saying he ain't going nowhere, as in he is going somewhere?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Was a bit lucky getting his first 5 points. Struggling with the speed of the league now. He’s not ready.
Agreed. He should be sent down again for a while maybe even until after the trade deadline then bring him back up. He got a taste & now knows what he needs to do to get better & can go down to Belleville to work on those things & hopefully come back even better.

It's amazing though that Tkachuk's game seems so perfect for the NHL & specifically seems perfect for this team & exactly what this team needed. Of course, they need a whole lot of other things too.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Agreed. He should be sent down again for a while maybe even until after the trade deadline then bring him back up. He got a taste & now knows what he needs to do to get better & can go down to Belleville to work on those things & hopefully come back even better.

It's amazing though that Tkachuk's game seems so perfect for the NHL & specifically seems perfect for this team & exactly what this team needed. Of course, they need a whole lot of other things too.

Tkachuk's game is suited better for the NHL at the moment, that'll probably change for Batherson sooner than later. I also remember quite a few people saying Tkachuk was ready because of his size and weight, seems to be doing just fine.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I was going to say maybe his minutes were reduced and that's why he seemed invisible, but he did play about 13 minutes last night apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->