Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ottawa has two very good top 6 RWers in Stone & Ryan, I expect Batherson will be a very good top 6 player too at some point maybe even now but I would have played him with Tkachuk & White to create a dynamic 3rd line. Of course, I doubt GB would play three rookies together no matter how good each one of them are & defensively responsible. If Batherson is replacing Paul, why isn't Chlapik replacing White?

I've always considered Paul a bottom six player in the NHL at centre (Paul Guastad) since he is very good defensively & could be a decent faceoff guy too but he can also play LW & with a playmaker at centre like Brown would improve their 4th line. If Brown ever gets his act together down there & stays healthy he would be an interesting callup & along with Paul would certainly upgrade the 4th line & hopefully make it more productive. I imagine after the deadline if PD is able to move a few guys (Ps) Brown & Paul could get a callup & on the 4th line with a guy like McCormick would be at least interesting although again I doubt GB plays them unless he is forced. Should be a very sad day for GB if Pyatt is traded leading up to the deadline, he'll probably wear a black arm band.

Smith - Duchene - Stone - Smith & Stone play well together, Duchene is gravy
Dzingel - Tierny - Ryan - Ryan quietly having a pretty good start to the season
Tkachuk - White/Chlapik - Batherson - would love to see these three together
Paul - Brown - McCormick - could use a good goal scoring RWer with jam

Agreed, but if Pyatt & Paajarvi are both moved leading up to the deadline, hopefully GB will be forced to play him more, but then again who would want them & we may have to wait until the end of the season when their contracts will be up.

I doubt that any team would want Pyatt or Paajarvi or McCormick. There might be a market for Wideman but we won't get much back, probably a low draft pick (final rounds) or an AHL level player who had some potential but failed to develop.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Haha that was the entirety of his contract if I’m not mistaken. And he’s off the books this summer anyway.

haha you're right, either way it was probably too much money for the guy. He wasn't a bad skater and worked his bag off but had next to no skill or offensive presence.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
A third line with Dzingel-Tierney-Ryan could be very good as well. Both Dzingel and Ryan have been playing well lately.

Why is Dzingle on the 3rd line? He is fine where he is at the moment. He is the leading scorer of the team and works really well with Duchene. His speed and skill with the puck compliments Duchene pretty well.

As of now these pairs are unbreakable and everything else has to slot themselves in

Dzingle - Duchene (Batherson?)
Tkachuk - Stone (White?)

That helps us create a really solid yet productive 3rd line

Boedker - Tierney - Ryan

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Very excited to see what Batherson can do in the NHL. I stand by him being a better prospect long-term than Formenton, but it's close.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I'd be extremely surprised if Formenton ever became close to Batherson personally.
He has the legs, if he can develop the finish he’ll be deadly. I too believe Drake has the better upside

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Super excited but I believe a bit premature, the guy is coming off 6 point game though so I guess now's as good time as any to play your first NHL game off that crazy high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->