Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Funny how after one good game people quickly forget that this is the worst team in the league.

Would you rather score fancy goals in ECF or dirty goals battling for the 30th place in the league? Hmmm that's a toughy. :huh:

They aren't the worst team in the league. They're a powerful offensive team with questionable defence from most forwards and a train wreck blue line .

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Batherson is such an interesting player to watch. His vision is incredible, he sees the ice like no other Sens or NHL player I’ve ever seen. How he plays the puck with his rink wide passes, his flip passes to go over defenders and completely neutralize a forecheck.

Just so fun to watch his offensive game. Duch has scored into about 3 totally wide open nets on Batherson assists. Batherson makes career NHL Dman look totally out of their element.

We need to get this guy a nickname

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
61Yobtd1YUL._SX466_.jpg

Not sure Duchene will like being Robin though

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Batherson is such an interesting player to watch. His vision is incredible, he sees the ice like no other Sens or NHL player I’ve ever seen. How he plays the puck with his rink wide passes, his flip passes to go over defenders and completely neutralize a forecheck.

Just so fun to watch his offensive game. Duch has scored into about 3 totally wide open nets on Batherson assists. Batherson makes career NHL Dman look totally out of their element.

We need to get this guy a nickname
He reminds me so much of Stone (even though their styles are pretty different). Not the quickest but just ridiculous hockey IQ which allows him to make plays out of nothing.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'm happy he got an extended look on the top line but it's a lil weird to send him back when duchene is back

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think they had to move him today, if that's what they decided was best for him, as tomorrow is the holiday trade freeze, and I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that also applies to players eligible to be sent to the AHL, or called up ......... during the same time period.

Belleville is playing Wed/Fri/Sat and he will get a lot more ice time with them, instead of the 10-12 minutes he may get here.

It's the long game with him, no need to rush him into the line up until he's able to remain here for good.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
I'm happy he got an extended look on the top line but it's a lil weird to send him back when duchene is back
Ohh i see what is happening,

Duchene doesn't like Batherson and wants to play with someone else, later Duchene will be traded and then return to have Batherson beat the crab out of him.

edit :sarcasm:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
xxxxx - Brown - Batherson
Balcers - Chlapik - xxxxxx

Not a bad start for a decent top-six in Belleville once everyone is healthy.

Carey and Tambellini likely in the XXXX spots. Still pretty decent top 2. Balcers and Batherson seemed to click so I might move Balcers up there at least to start. Chlapik is still out for a while.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Batherson showed quite a bit when he was here. He definitely processes the game at a very high level. Just missing some strength and an ounce more speed.

Reactions: Icelevel

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Carey and Tambellini likely in the XXXX spots. Still pretty decent top 2. Balcers and Batherson seemed to click so I might move Balcers up there at least to start. Chlapik is still out for a while.

Yeah, I know the Three B's played well before the injuries kicked in. And obviously Tambellini deserves one of those spots. I'll be kind of mad if Carey is int he other slot, but that's a minor gripe :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad