Speculation: Draisaitl will out produce mcdavid this year..

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
What is the possibility of Leon Draisailt out scoring and finishing with more points than
Connor? We have seen Malkin out produce Crosby before.
Leon is motivated to be the best hockey player on the planet. Mcdavid and him share a friendly competition and I believe there is a chance we see Leon out perform Connor one year.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Assuming they are within 10 games played of each other at the end of the season, there is no way. McDavid just creates too much

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
If they play on the same line all year I can see them being close in points.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
What is the possibility of Leon Draisailt out scoring and finishing with more points than
Leon is motivated to be the best hockey player on the planet. Mcdavid and him share a friendly competition and I believe there is a chance we see Leon out perform Connor one year.

which is it? one year as your post says, or this year as the title says?

this year I think McDavid out points him by at least 20-25 if both stay healthy.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

same as Sam Gagner used to share with Patrick Kane.

they will be seperated by 40+ points.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Zero unless McDavid gets injured and Drai isn't Malkin, lets not put that type of pressure on him.

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
Decent chance Leon has more points in the playoffs again, imo.

Regular season not so much (same line = +5-10 points more for McDavid; separate lines with Slepy as 2nd line RW = 20 points; separate line with Drake = 35 points... I don't like Drake as 2nd line RW at all).

One thing that surprises me a little though, how many Oilers fans expect McDavid to put up 100+ points without Drai as his winger. Not likely imo...

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
It's possible in their career, but I don't think it happens this year. I think Draisaitl could put up 85-90 this season, but I think McDavid gets close to 110.

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
I have been thinking this for a while....not about points but play overall........so many underestimate Leon's ceiling, especially through the negotiations. Leon has as good of hands and offensive instinct as anyone but is also that power forward that can bull his way through others that not many others can do. Does that mean he will be better than Connor....no.....but is there as big a gap as many on here state? No

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I don't think it will be close because Drai will center line 2 for most of the year and see a dip in production.

I expect he is in the 60-70 pt range this year.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I don't think it will be close because Drai will center line 2 for most of the year and see a dip in production.

I expect he is in the 60-70 pt range this year.

I'm really not trying to put Drai down, but even if he plays top line RW Leon is maybe an 80 point player.

McDavid hits 90 in his sleep.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Draisaitl was 23 points away playing winger to McDavid. Everything is possible I suppose, but it's extremely unlikely that Drai gets even near to McDavid centering his own line. The difference between the two will likely be bigger than last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad