Draisaitl vs Aho

Who is worth more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
This one is tough. Both are overrated. Probably Aho.
Way I see it is Drai is prob worth a smidge more but I personally would rather have Aho on the Leafs. I find Drai kind of a boring point producer, Aho is just a mofe fun player to watch.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
As a player, Draisaitl is more proven and he's that big center that teams often covet, so he should be worth more in that regard. Aho also has a ton of potential though, has another year on his ELC and likely won't get as much on a long term deal. I tend to think Draisaitl would still be worth more to most teams, but the contract situations make it close and I could see teams valuing Aho more

Reactions: McJazz

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Close. Went with Drai, Aho is awesome though.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Draisaitl is currently a bit better. However based on age and contract I would say Aho is worth more.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I think he's overpaid but I'd take Draisaitl.
Big, strong kid who would be an ideal 2C when he final moves over full time.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Draisaitl had a down year and Aho had a breakout year and Drai was still better.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I think this is easily Draisaitl and it's because of pedigree/resume. I would say he has the larger upside.
Currently, I think Aho is playing better though.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
You can't really compare contracts when one player is on his ELC and the other just signed a long term deal. Aho's next contract he'll be making 7+. I'd pick Draisaitl over Aho due to his size and ability to play C or either wing. Skill wise they are both very close.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Right now I'm taking Draisaitl.

He's more proven as a center and in the playoffs.

Seems like Aho will be given a bigger opportunity next season so I could see him changing a lot of people's minds (mine included) since it seems he has slightly higher offensive potential.

Interesting comparison.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Are Canes fans still calling Aho "The Professor" and claiming he's a hockey genius or something?
Asking for a friend.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What the H does 'worth more' mean? Draisaitl literally costs more and I believe he is and will be the better player long term (gap will widen as time goes on). Went with him...

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Are Canes fans still calling Aho "The Professor" and claiming he's a hockey genius or something?
Asking for a friend.
Actually we call him Seabass. You can talk to Finland about calling him The Professor. That was happening before we even drafted him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->