Proposal: Draisaitl to Pit

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I mean, it's good, I guess. But that dealership across the road has a Victor Rask on offer, and that puppy has had 5 in the last 3.

Everyone knows Edmonton needs a goalie. You can't beat 2 shutouts in 3 games. Kings will have to ask their manager, but they may be able to move Quick for Drai.....but they won't be happy about it.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I guess EDM wants to „win now“, so I would oder:

Dumoulin at 25%
Malkin
1rst/top prospekt

for

Draisaitl

Malkin is in the way to his old self (4P last 3 GP) and Dumo could help their defense.

I was even willing to offer Crosby if they turn down Geno.

Thoughts?
Yeah , leon isn't going anywhere. He is almsot as untouchable as mcdavid. Pitt doesn't have the assets to even get close .

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Make it worth picking up the phone.

Pitt: Draisatl + Neal

Edmonton: Crosby+Malkin+Letang all with 50% retained

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Not to give this pipe dream of a thread any credence, but a 25% salary send is possible with the involvement of a third team (so two teams each retain, 50%, then 50% of the remaining 50%). This is close to what happened when the Lehner trade from Chicago to Vegas involved Toronto for some retention. Chicago retained 50%, and then Toronto retained 44% of the remaining 50% (so 22% of the total), leaving Vegas only on the hook for 28%.

This is false, the max that can be retained on any player, no matter how many teams retain a portion of his salary, is 50%. So if the Pens retain 50% no other team can retain any other portion of his salary.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Ohhh boy :laugh: I'll cosign as another Pens fan disowning the mere IDEA of this trade

Also, if the Oilers can get their act together, they have the next Crosby/Malkin in McDavid and Leon. And I hope they do. Because two guys this good deserve to be competing for and winning cups

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't usually get up this early, but getting to post in a thread like this before the lock makes it all worth it.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Dumoulin at 25%
Malkin
1rst/top prospekt

for

Draisaitl

Malkin is in the way to his old self (4P last 3 GP) and Dumo could help their defense.

Thoughts?
"oder" or odour is correct with this proposal

Devilinlillinois

Jun 5, 2015

Dumoulin at 25%
Malkin
1rst/top prospekt

for

Draisaitl

Thoughts?
Oh no your going to need to get into a bunker or something like that because Oiler fans are going to rain down fury on you.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
You can’t genuinely believe that package is going to get you Drai. Very few players have his value and Malkin definitely is not one of em. Lock this shit

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Dumoulin at 25%
Malkin
1rst/top prospekt

for

Draisaitl

Thoughts?
Ha ha ha.

No.

Not close.

The only defenseman we need is a #1 right shot defenseman. So as good as Dumoulin can be, he doesn't move the needle.

If we were to trade Draisaitl (we won't), we would need to fill our actual biggest issues. Being #1D, #1G, and then, #2C. All in the same deal. No team is offering that. And that's fine, because we might not even accept that. Draisaitl is among the most untouchable players in the league, and Pittsburgh doesn't have the parts to make an offer to get him. Sorry.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
This is false, the max that can be retained on any player, no matter how many teams retain a portion of his salary, is 50%. So if the Pens retain 50% no other team can retain any other portion of his salary.
Unless something changed recently that I missed you are wrong.
Teams can retain a max of 50% but the contract can be retained 2x.
For example see Dubnyk. In 2014
Edmonton retained 50%, Nashville then retained 25%

Reactions: Just Linda

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Seriously though why on earth would Edmonton move the reigning Hart and Lindsay winner for a package headlined by a 34 year old Malkin?

Edmonton counters with Russell for Letang at 50%

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

Dumoulin at 25%
Malkin
1rst/top prospekt

for

Draisaitl

Thoughts?

With all due respect that is a junk proposal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad