Draisaitl, Reinhart the cream of the NHL-drafted center crop in the WHL

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
leon_draisaitl_edmonton_031815.jpg
Photo: Kelowna Rockets forward and Edmonton Oilers prospect Leon Draisaitl has played in 13 playoff games for the Rockets, scoring six goals and 13 assists while posting a +9 rating (courtesy of Marissa Baecker/Getty Images)

</p>There are many different kinds of centers – those who primarily excel offensively and those who contribute in other ways to the success of their respective teams. One of the biggest challenges across major junior hockey is taking into consideration the versatility of many top forwards. It is not uncommon for the best players down the middle to take a few turns on the wing on a regular basis.… read more

The post Draisaitl, Reinhart the cream of the NHL-drafted center crop in the WHL appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yeah Drasaitl over Reinhart good one. Clown ****. Reinhart gets no love whatsoever. He is the #1 prospect as of today in the entire nhl , being second on a list of whl prospects is a joke. It doesn't even seem like he was the most recent #2 pick who has 3 straight ppg seasons/two wjcs under his belt including leading the most recent one in scoring.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Reinhart's pro rated playoff stats this season are almost identical to Draisaitl's even though Leon plays on a stacked team. Not sure why Draisaitl isn't labeled a bust yet.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Sam Busthart can't take a defenseman wide to put a simple move on an 18 YO goaltender to save his life. No way he's better than Bennett. Bennett is fast, and Calgary is in the playoffs, therefore, Bennett >>>>> Reinhart. Am I doing it right?

Salzig

I am laudable.
Feb 28, 2007
Bonn, Germany
I'm a big fan of Draisaitl (he's not just a fellow countryman, but also from the same region and played junior for my local club) but I'm still glad that we drafted Reinhart, who will eventually be the better player.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Sam Busthart can't take a defenseman wide to put a simple move on an 18 YO goaltender to save his life. No way he's better than Bennett. Bennett is fast, and Calgary is in the playoffs, therefore, Bennett >>>>> Reinhart. Am I doing it right?

Bennett can't do a chin-up and it was blatantly evident playing against the Ducks so far this series. Bennett got checked and flew like 3 feet because he has no musclemass. Ducks are dominating that series because they are bigger and stronger than the skilled/fast Flames.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Should have drafted Benny.

I love Reinhart, but I said it then and it still holds, Bennett was the pick!

Imagine how good he'll be with his injured shoulder out of the way! Scary!!

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Should have drafted Benny.

I love Reinhart, but I said it then and it still holds, Bennett was the pick!

Imagine how good he'll be with his injured shoulder out of the way! Scary!!

The better skater nearly always looks better in the NHL right off the bat. Will be interesting to compare them in their primes. I personally prefer Reinhart much more with how much better Reinhart is on defense in comparison to Bennett. Reinhart is a perfect 2C behind Eichel who can shoulder the tough matchups.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
The better skater nearly always looks better in the NHL right off the bat. Will be interesting to compare them in their primes. I personally prefer Reinhart much more with how much better Reinhart is on defense in comparison to Bennett. Reinhart is a perfect 2C behind Eichel who can shoulder the tough matchups.

Not to drum this back up again but Reinhart isn't much better than Bennett defensively. It's pretty close, with slight edge to Reinhart. As long as Reinhart works out in Buffalo, I'll be happy enough. If he doesn't, this one will sting...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad