Pre-Game Talk: Draisaitl needs to do Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Real happy with Knoblauch testing out lines and deployments in game situations to help prep for the postseason.

I'd estimate Tippett and Woodcroft lost us 0.5 to 1.5 games a series on shortening the bench and running Connor and Leon into the ground.

Also, we won't see Cassidy changing things on the fly in the Vegas series this postseason with no response from our coach.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Man the schedule is just killer to end this year

Dallas tonight
Colorado Friday
Calgary Saturday
Vegas Wednesday
Arizona Friday
Canucks Saturday

We need at least 4 wins if we have any shot at the division. Throw in an OT loss in there too lol

Are you guys happy with Henrique so far? Or meh..
He has potted some goals, but pretty meh for me. He is slower than I thought he was and softer.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

01LC4N

Let's turn this ship around
May 27, 2011
Bermuda Triangle
All I ask for is a fairly called game
1712163758000.png

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The only fortunate part of the mid-90s through to about 2010 is that we did get to see some pretty fun third and fourth lines but unfortunately we were always 3 players short for the first two lines. MGM Grand line was fun to watch. Dowd, Devereaux and Laraque on a 4th line where all three players had hat tricks in the same season. Even that fun run with with I believe Brodziak Stortini, and Glencross that almost got us into the playoffs in 2008 or 2009.

It's nice to finally see strength in the top 6 with actual NHLers in the bottom 6. Hopefully this newfound chemistry carries over and we get to witness a third and fourth line that can contribute 4-5 goals in a series would be monumental for this team.

For sure, I can't dispute it, just more of an age thing with the game totals piling up here he (and some others higher up the lineup) may benefit from a night off, much like Ekholm came back after a night off looking better than he ever has.
You were able to appreciate some of those players a bit more than me. At the time I did when things were going well but lots of nights where it was lines of hacking the puck to bits. 97 and 98 playoffs though were among favorite memories. Also of seeing youngers like Miro Satan at end of 96 when the team got going and there was some excitement and buzz again. Its weird the things one remembers as a fan but one game I'm sitting behind net at sleepy Rexall with maybe 13K in attendance and Miro scores a beauty goal on a nice wrist shot. The goal being perfectly framed from behind net. (not always my favorite vantage but seemed perfect on that night. I think it was a tying goal.

Could never understand why we moved on from Satan. He was a favorite of mine the moment he got in the lineup. One shot scorer. Satan immediately in Buffalo showed us why Oilers should've kept him.

Reactions: bone

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Man the schedule is just killer to end this year

Dallas tonight
Colorado Friday
Calgary Saturday
Vegas Wednesday
Arizona Friday
Canucks Saturday

We need at least 4 wins if we have any shot at the division. Throw in an OT loss in there too lol

He has potted some goals, but pretty meh for me. He is slower than I thought he was and softer.
Really? Henrique is more physical than I thought he was going to be. 27 hits in 13 games and constantly in the paint.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Really? Henrique is more physical than I thought he was going to be. 27 hits in 13 games and constantly in the paint.
I don't know lol. Just from what I have seen and imagined in my head, but he is not soft like Mcleod or RNH. I am comfortable with a Henrique going into the playoffs.

All I ask for is a fairly called gameView attachment 845533
Oh great we get these two POS refs tonight lol

PK better be ready

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yep. He's a physically stronger version of Nuge that finishes checks but with similar cerebral plays and reads. Solid player.

Plus if Henrique had spend his whole career on a juggernaut like the Oilers he'd have more pts than Nuge. Guy has scored 261 goals with not a ton of help.

Henrique is a natural to play with Drai because he reads plays well and is ready.

Guy did really well for a 3rd round pick.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I like his deployment with Draisaitl as a 2LW option and he's good defensively. Gives us another PK option, so far so good.
Henrique there is so plus plus. Not only gives Drai somebody that can play with puck, pass, finish but it adds to the shutdown dimension Leon can be. Henrique so much better option than say Kane in that regard.

Henrique adds to Drai in every zone. Its why you keep him there.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Henrique has been pretty bad at center. Pretty good playing wing with Draisaitl.

It's a bit too bad that I'm not sure he's the swiss army knife we thought he was going to be but there's nothing wrong with just being an effective complementary player especially at this stage of a guy's career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad