Draisaitl is making a case of being better than mcdavid

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Draisaitl playing with 2 other potential top-line forwards is putting up more points than McDavid who was playing with Archibald, Kassian, Gagner, and Chiasson.

Obviously that means that Draisaitl is better. Despite the fact that McDavid was keeping pace...

Draisaitl is a great player, no doubt, but come on now.

Since they stopped playing at ES, Drai's PPG is 1.94, McDavid's is 1.33.

McDavid87

Jan 5, 2018
When John Wick came out in 2014, it was a good movie. Watched it lots and was like yeah it’s good, but then there’s other similar movies like Taken and Bourne.

Then John Wick 2 came out and I’m like damn that’s a good movie, can’t be topped..... better than John Wick 1, maybe?

John Wick 3 came out and I’m like whoa that was awesome, the kills were more insane. Then I realized that John Wick 1 layed the foundation for how great John Wick 3 is.

This is pretty much how Neon Leon and Connor is. Leon came out in 2014 and was good, but then there were a lot of other good players at the time. Then Connor came along and overshadowed Leon. Then Leon came out and absolutely starts destroying everyone.

Neon Leon = John Wick

I’m a huge Connor McLovin fan, but let’s not call a spade a club and call it like it is. A clubs a club.

The Oilers section of the board has been calling me a troll since the beginning of last season because I kept saying Draisaitl is better, and that was very frustrating that I couldn’t voice my own opinion without getting my threads and comments deleted. I’m glad so many of you are starting to see this

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
When John Wick came out in 2014, it was a good movie. Watched it lots and was like yeah it’s good, but then there’s other similar movies like Taken and Bourne.

Then John Wick 2 came out and I’m like damn that’s a good movie, can’t be topped..... better than John Wick 1, maybe?

John Wick 3 came out and I’m like whoa that was awesome, the kills were more insane. Then I realized that John Wick 1 layed the foundation for how great John Wick 3 is.

This is pretty much how Neon Leon and Connor is. Leon came out in 2014 and was good, but then there were a lot of other good players at the time. Then Connor came along and overshadowed Leon. Then Leon came out and absolutely starts destroying everyone.

Neon Leon = John Wick

I’m a huge Connor McLovin fan, but let’s not call a spade a club and call it like it is. A clubs a club.

The Oilers section of the board has been calling me a troll since the beginning of last season because I kept saying Draisaitl is better, and that was very frustrating that I couldn’t voice my own opinion without getting my threads and comments deleted. I’m glad so many of you are starting to see this
Drai has been better for 2 years now... people just have his brand of mcdavid in their head that he HAS to be the best...well he’s not. A new man is in town

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I live in the Edmonton area... work here... trust me there are lots of people that are arguing McDavid is the best player of all time.

really the main thing slowing that argument down is that the old timers still say gretzky was better. if gretzky had spent his entire career in st louis or LA, im sure id hear the argument for McDavid on a nearly daily basis

but overall... I agree with you... he has been made the face... he is the top highlight reel appeal going. calling him the best player is debatable but no one would call you a fool if you wanted to argue that case. a lot of smart people would agree with the argument.

personally I like my 5 tool type players. in the world of baseball a mark McGuire or a Sammy sosa might electrify the world with a home run record chase... they might become the face of baseball... they might save baseball... but to me they were never the best player... not even close.

McDavid reminds me a bit of steve yzerman though. in yzerman 6th year in the league he had a 155 point season... one of the greatest scoring seasons in the history of the nhl… he was very good that year as a scoring superstar.

of course we all say yzerman became a much better player around 6 seasons later when he could no longer break 100 points in a year... but he became a real leader... and became the guy that got that red wing team to year after year after year of deep playoff success... becoming known as one of the best 2 way players in the game... and a real unselfish leader that put the team first.

McDavid has every opportunity to follow the yzerman career path. if he does... im sure I would eventually put him in that next rung right below gretzky and orr. I hope I dont come off as bashing McDavid {or drasaitl} for that matter

but they get a lot of advantages playing on a crappy oiler team together... being allowed to play entire powerplays... take 90 second shifts... play entire overtimes of 3-on-3...

id like to at least see 1 or the other dominate 2-3 consecutive scoring races before we get our panties in a knot over which one is the best player in the nhl

for my money... they both place in the top 10... but neither is anywhere near the very top spot.

Yeh not sure if I buy the greatest of all time by EDM fans. Gretzky was just on another level. McDavid would have to average 200+ pts in each of the next 5 seasons to be considered close to Wayne. It just isn't happening. He is like Crosby minus the hardware.
They showed points by players under age of 23 and Gretzky and McDavid was not even close.
Don't think you will find a single Oilers fan claiming McDavid to be a better hockey player than Wayne

Reactions: Mbraunm

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Drai has been better for 2 years now... people just have his brand of mcdavid in their head that he HAS to be the best...well he’s not. A new man is in town
RNH-Drai-Yama is better than Neal-McD-Kassian but McDavid is still a tier above Draisaitl.
Ferrari vs Tank comparisons.. lucky for Oilers they got both.

Reactions: Tom Brady

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I think we should just keep this debate simple, and the simple fact is that Draisaitl is definitely the best player in the world this season. Can’t see how this is debatable.

Will he be better than McDavid next season, or thereafter?
Who knows. He is better this season and that shouldn’t be up for much debate.

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
I think we should just keep this debate simple, and the simple fact is that Draisaitl is definitely the best player in the world this season. Can’t see how this is debatable.

Will he be better than McDavid next season, or thereafter?
Who knows. He is better this season and that shouldn’t be up for much debate.

Generaly, why is always the best player that one with the most points?
I bet, more than the half of the Coaches, would rather choose Bergeron as them -Draisaitl-Mcdavid, to play for each team.
But what ever, the best for me that season is Panarin has a brutaly +/- rate and play with a "dead" team.

Reactions: chauron

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
I don t think so. Drai is an absolut worldclass an Top-Level Player but McDavid is Generational. This is a snapshoot. Last season was Kucherov the Superman and now is it Drai.

Ratatoskr

May 27, 2004
Germany
Thankfully it has now been proven beyond any doubt that Draisaitl is a useless bum, and that what little he has managed to achieve was due to his playing with his betters, especially Klefbom. Once Klefbom was out, Drai immediately went on a slide and is now on a 1-game pointless streak with no end in sight. Maybe Holland can get a mid-round draft pick for him at the deadline if he's prepared to take another useless contract back. Draisaitl to Detroit at 50% retained for Abdelkader and a 3rd?

Reactions: Chompchompr

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Thankfully it has now been proven beyond any doubt that Draisaitl is a useless bum, and that what little he has managed to achieve was due to his playing with his betters, especially Klefbom. Once Klefbom was out, Drai immediately went on a slide and is now on a 1-game pointless streak with no end in sight. Maybe Holland can get a mid-round draft pick for him at the deadline if he's prepared to take another useless contract back. Draisaitl to Detroit at 50% retained for Abdelkader and a 3rd?
We would have to add a cap dump. 12.5 million McDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad