The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Oh hey, congrats to Drai and

giphy.gif

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Seeing Skinner as an Allstar means we have 2 Allstar goalies in Campbell and Skinner lol. Love it!

Funny enough, if the rumours are true of Edmonton interest in Bo Horvat, that means we have 4 Allstars at the game :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Skinner is also starting tomorrow against the canucks 👏👏👏. All star skinner.

Kane should always be there too. Always. Maybe next time.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Really happy for Stu. Rookie goalie going to the all star game. Just amazing.

Wild that both goalies for the Pacific are rookies. I don't think it's happened often that a rookie goalie went, let alone two and even wilder two for the same team.

And f*** John Shannon for "congratulating the fans" suggesting it was only because of large turnout by the the Edmonton fans. Look at the goalies in the Pacific and their numbers this year. He was by far the best pick of the bunch based on everyone's body of work through the first half of the season.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Wild that both goalies for the Pacific are rookies. I don't think it's happened often that a rookie goalie went, let alone two and even wilder two for the same team.

And f*** John Shannon for "congratulating the fans" suggesting it was only because of large turnout by the the Edmonton fans. Look at the goalies in the Pacific and their numbers this year. He was by far the best pick of the bunch based on everyone's body of work through the first half of the season.
Exactly. Just look at the list of other guys it could have been. Markstrom and Demko are having awful seasons. Quick and Jones are getting wins but have awful save percentages. Gibson? Reimer/Kaako? Not having good seasons at all. Skinner was legitimately the best choice.

If it was all about fans stuffing the ballot box, Nuge would have gotten in over Horvat, ha ha.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Exactly. Just look at the list of other guys it could have been. Markstrom and Demko are having awful seasons. Quick and Jones are getting wins but have awful save percentages. Gibson? Reimer/Kaako? Not having good seasons at all. Skinner was legitimately the best choice.

If it was all about fans stuffing the ballot box, Nuge would have gotten in over Horvat, ha ha.
I mean I tried for Nuge over Horvat, lol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I hope Drai wanted to go, might have been nice to have some rest time. Hopefully he and McDavid just coast and enjoy themselves. Nice for stu though!
I didn't realize until today, but the team doesn't play for 9 days. They must have their mandated week off right before all-star game.

Also with Connor there I think it makes it a bit easier. For both guys really.

Now on the flip side of it I wonder how Skinner feels. Does he want to be at home with his newborn or is he so excited that he can get some sleep for a few days :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
I didn't realize until today, but the team doesn't play for 9 days. They must have their mandated week off right before all-star game.

Also with Connor there I think it makes it a bit easier. For both guys really.
That's a good point. I didn't see that either.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Really early to say (and depends on if they ever actually have a best on best again), but could be looking at a preview of Team Canada's next goaltending duo in the Pacific as well

Looking at the rosters, very interesting to see how many American (16) vs Canadian (11) players are going. Never really paid attention before, but would imagine it's not every year that American players outnumber Canadians by that many.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
What a weird year in the Pacific.

Hard to believe the starting goaltenders for Vancouver, Seattle, LA and Calgary are all sub .900.

Reactions: Mr Positive

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I mean I tried for Nuge over Horvat, lol
To be honest, I didn't even vote for Drai. I voted for Nuge and Hyman, ha ha.

Really early to say (and depends on if they ever actually have a best on best again), but could be looking at a preview of Team Canada's next goaltending duo in the Pacific as well

Looking at the rosters, very interesting to see how many American (16) vs Canadian (11) players are going. Never really paid attention before, but would imagine it's not every year that American players outnumber Canadians by that many.
Holy smokes, you're right. None of the elite goalies are Canadian any more. Skinner and Thompson might legitimately be the two best options for Team Canada. Wow. Far cry from the days of Brodeur backing up Roy.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
To be honest, I didn't even vote for Drai. I voted for Nuge and Hyman, ha ha.

Holy smokes, you're right. None of the elite goalies are Canadian any more. Skinner and Thompson might legitimately be the two best options for Team Canada. Wow. Far cry from the days of Brodeur backing up Roy.
Skinner has a better lifetime NHL Sv% than either of them :)

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad