Draisaitl @ 8.5/8yrs vrs Matthews @ 11.63/5yrs

Who do you choose?

• Total voters

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Well you have to love a place that has a thread complaining about what they pay their star player and how it affects them all the while having their hand out so you'll float their existence, no?

If you don't like it, sue me. Fortunately for you, you won't have to pay the lawyer because you can use my money to sue me.

What an insufferable post.

That other thread has nothing to do with the post I quoted or changes the arrogant messiah message, especially the last part, that really nails my point. So thanks.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
The OP does not mention ELC's. You are trying to change the OP. Not so fast. The primary question is who do you prefer Draisaitl at 8.5 or Matthews at 11.634M? Look at the title. So again. Are you going to dodge all night?

I'll break it down for you. Step by step. There should be no more excuses of what if arguments. Here are the facts.

Draisaitl 8.5M per.
66 pts, 55 games. 1.2 PPG
32 goals in 55 games. .581 GPG

82 game projection 98.4 points
82 game projection 47.7 goals
Missed games last 3 seasons. 4

Matthews 11.634M per.
47 pts, 41 games. 1.146 PPG.
24 goals 41 games. .585 GPG
Missed games last 3 seasons 34

82 game projection 94 points
82 game projection 48 goals

So your what if argument of Matthews having more points is a false one, as is your missing games argument.

Draisaitl is producing better in actual numbers, on pace numbers and at 3.134M less than Matthews, has proven to be more durable, and is signed a year longer eating that eats up an additional UFA year.

I prefer the guy who has 30% better production at the same point in his career while playing with far lesser linemates.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I prefer the guy who has 30% better production at the same point in his career while playing with far lesser linemates.

Not this year. Or the last 3 seasons. The lesser linemates argument again? I know Draisaitl does not have Tavares, Marner, and Rielly on the PP. Nor is Draisaitl on as deep a team offensively.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
mattews took the leafs to the cleaners lol...and only 5 years was even worse... definatly not a team player
C’mon. Even a guy like Crosby wouldn’t take a lot less money than he could and should to make sure his team..

Never mind.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Not this year. Or the last 3 seasons. The lesser linemates argument again? I know Draisaitl does not have Tavares, Marner, and Rielly on the PP. Nor is Draisaitl on as deep a team offensively.

I wasn't aware that Drai and Matthews were at the same point in their careers this year? Nor was I aware that those were Matthews' main linemates versus Drai and his 64% with McDavid?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
To his point though, at the time you witnessed those cups, the 3rd and 4th round didn’t exist.

If we are old enough to have witnessed Cups, we are old enough to have witnessed 3rd round. But yes, guilty as charged on 4th round. Really solid burn. Very new and fresh!

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Don't get these results personally. Matthews is a much better player when healthy and having a more costly/shorter contract means absolutely nothing for an elite player. $3M doesn't come close to making up the difference in results.
If Matthews played for any other team these results would be different.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I wasn't aware that Drai and Matthews were at the same point in their careers this year? Nor was I aware that those were Matthews' main linemates versus Drai and his 64% with McDavid?

I wasn't aware a player making 11.634M per needed a line mates excuse that he can't drive his linemates as opposed to having linemates drive his production. If this is going to be your go to post. Then you may ask yourself, did Dubas get taken to the cleaners by Matthews and Matthews' agents.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If we are old enough to have witnessed Cups, we are old enough to have witnessed 3rd round. But yes, guilty as charged on 4th round. Really solid burn. Very new and fresh!
How many 3rd rounds has even a 40 yr old (my age) leaf fan seen? Two.

How many leaf fans today aged 25 or younger know what a 3rd round is.

And this isn’t my burn, I would’ve thought of better.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->