Drai vs MacK vs Kuch (if Kuch wins the Cup+Conn Smythe)

Drai vs MacK vs Kuch (if Kuch wins the Cup+Conn Smythe)

• Drai, MacK, Kuch

• Drai, Kuch, MacK

• MacK, Drai, Kuch

• MacK, Kuch, Drai

• Kuch, MacK, Drai

• Kuch, Drai, MacK

Results are only viewable after voting.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
TBH I have no idea anymore between those three but if that happened maybe Kuch/Drai/MacK

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Kucherov is easily the most overrated elite player in the league

dude is the product of insane insulation, powerplay time, and stacked rosters

Kucherov cant even think up a way to dominate a game single-handidly like Draisaitl and MacKinnon can. dude is 100% dependent on teammates for production

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Mackinnon never won anything neither individually nor with his team.

Drai won individual hardware: Ted Lindsay, Hart Trophy & Art Ross.

Kuch won both individual & team trophies: Stanley Cup, Ted Lindsay, Hart Trophy & Art Ross.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Kucherov has always been better than them, this playoff run doesn't change anything.

Drai vs MacK. Drai has the best season between them and also has better goal and pt finishes. MacK has better hart finishes (yes I know Drai has won the Hart, but outside of that he hasn't sniffed it while MacK is a 3x finalist) and has been better in the playoffs. MacK doesn't have the luxury of being sheltered behind McDavid though.

Kucherov > MacK >= Drai

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Another prime example of recency bias. Switch their teams and Kucherov would be coming last in this poll

They are the 2-4 best players in the league

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Kucherov is easily the most overrated elite player in the league

dude is the product of insane insulation, powerplay time, and stacked rosters

Kucherov cant even think up a way to dominate a game single-handidly like Draisaitl and MacKinnon can. dude is 100% dependent on teammates for production
Another prime example of recency bias. Switch their teams and Kucherov would be coming last in this poll

They are the 2-4 best players in the league
So Hedman, Point, Stamkos, Rantanen, Makar, and MacKinnon are all overrated because of who they play for?

I mean without Kucherov this season, TB finished tied for 8TH in the league with Minnesota (of all teams), were 3rd in their division behind CAR and FLA. How do you explain that? NOW look at them when he's in the lineup. They are suddenly the Cup favourites!

Does that not prove something?

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Kuch
Mack
Drai

I think people don't rank Kucherov that high on most lists I've seen because he missed the entire season and is a little forgotten but if he wins another Cup and the Conn Smythe to go with his Hart, Lindsay and Art Ross then he has to go above the other two. And while I understand he plays on a stacked team his playoff stats are elite and Mack also plays on a stacked team but has yet to have the same playoff success. That said, I think the rankings will move around a bit every year.

Edit: Just checked the playoff stats. Kucherov has 23 points. The next closest is Point at 15. So Kuch has more than 50% more points than the next closest guy. Stacked team or not, this is currently one of the most impressive Conn Smythe runs we’ve seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hint1k and User9992

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Kucherov always has been better than both of them. But because this is hfboard of course a lot of people will put Mac above him due to position, and good ol' Canadian boy argument. Mac hasn't done anything in regular season nor in playoffs to be above Kucherov as a player. Same as Drai.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Those aren't really quality individual trophies + President's Trophy is a team achievement.

Have you ever seen Crosby or Ovi fans ever mentioning or counting President's Trophy?
All the time.... It was a sarcastic comment, tho

But being a Hart finalist 2 years in a row has meaning. No one thinks Taylor Hall belongs in this conversation because he won a Hart 3 seasons ago.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
no idea theyre all great . just want to add that drai is on a much weaker teamthan the other two . what happens if drai was traded for kuch 4 years ago ?
TB were tied for 8th in the league without Kuch this season. So it's not as if he doesn't make a difference.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
no idea theyre all great . just want to add that drai is on a much weaker teamthan the other two . what happens if drai was traded for kuch 4 years ago ?

Oh please. Drai spent half of this season attached to McDavid. The half that he didn't, he was sheltered behind McDavid getting to feast on cupcake matchups. Not to mention he has McDavid the whole season on the PP. Being attached to McDavid is going to boost stats more than anything.

Reactions: User9992

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Oh please. Drai spent half of this season attached to McDavid. The half that he didn't, he was sheltered behind McDavid getting to feast on cupcake matchups. Not to mention he has McDavid the whole season on the PP. Being attached to McDavid is going to boost stats more than anything.
I mean all 3 are boosted by their respective linemates and teams. Pretty much cancels out the way I see it.

Kuch has Point and Hedman, Stamkos on the PP
Drai has McDavid mostly only on the PP (and Barrie I guess)
MacK has Rantanen and Makar, Landeskog on the PP

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
In what world is Draisaitl being the one boosted here?
Hedman, Stamkos, Point > Rantanen Makar > McDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad