Draftrank's 2011 NHL Mock Draft 2.0

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Have not been a big fan of Hamilton. As an Islander fan I admit I can not stand when die hard NYI fans talk about the kid to me. However, if the kid pans out to be a like a Brent Seabrook I would reconsider my opinion greatly.

Like Murphy the most out of players who will possibly be available when the Islanders pick (although I would rather Huberdeau if there as in this mock). However, how serious do you think the bust factor is for Murphy? The kid just seems like the most electrifying player on skates in this whole draft and has an absolute cannon from the blue line.

Will his size really be the key thing to hold the kid back or are there other aspects to his game that have red flags as well.

fazon

Oct 17, 2010
Check out my latest and last mock draft:
Draftrank - 2011 NHL Mock Draft 3.0

Have not been a big fan of Hamilton. As an Islander fan I admit I can not stand when die hard NYI fans talk about the kid to me. However, if the kid pans out to be a like a Brent Seabrook I would reconsider my opinion greatly.

Like Murphy the most out of players who will possibly be available when the Islanders pick (although I would rather Huberdeau if there as in this mock). However, how serious do you think the bust factor is for Murphy? The kid just seems like the most electrifying player on skates in this whole draft and has an absolute cannon from the blue line.

Will his size really be the key thing to hold the kid back or are there other aspects to his game that have red flags as well.

My latest mock draft (link above) has Hamilton to New York. I think he's one of the more underrated players in this draft. He looks like a Brent Seabrook clone to me. He was actually measured at 6'6.5 at the combine as well.

On a scale of 5, I'd say his bust factor is 2.5. A lot of players have a "bust factor" per say, but when most players turn out to be a bust they aren't even good enough to play in the NHL. With Murphy, I see him as being able to play in the NHL, even if he doesn't reach his potential.

His size and defensive ability are the key things holding him back. The bad news is that you obviously can't "teach" size, but you can teach him how to become better in the defensive zone.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Thanks for the mock. I liked your pick for the Hawks better in the first 2 drafts - Bartschi & Scheifele. Not a fan of picking a guy who had an off year (only 15 goals in 56 games?) then turned it on for one tournament. Not at #18 anyway.

If the draft falls as you have it, I'd rather see the Hawks select any of Tyler Biggs, Tomas Jurco or Zach Phillips.

Thanks again. It's always fun to debate these things.

fazon

Oct 17, 2010
Thanks for the mock. I liked your pick for the Hawks better in the first 2 drafts - Bartschi & Scheifele. Not a fan of picking a guy who had an off year (only 15 goals in 56 games?) then turned it on for one tournament. Not at #18 anyway.

If the draft falls as you have it, I'd rather see the Hawks select any of Tyler Biggs, Tomas Jurco or Zach Phillips.

Thanks again. It's always fun to debate these things.

I doubt those two guys, especially not Bartschi would be available when the Hawks pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad