Draftrank's 2011 NHL Mock Draft 2.0

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Your last mock was pretty good, except the comparisons were awful, this time, the mock is still good but the comparisons are a hell of a lot better. Great job.

fazon

Oct 17, 2010
Your last mock was pretty good, except the comparisons were awful, this time, the mock is still good but the comparisons are a hell of a lot better. Great job.

Thanks. Only changed 3 of the comparisons IIRC. I changed quite a few of the potential ratings though.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Good mock. Would love the Hawks to walk away with Bartschi, doubt it happens though. Also don't see Brodin falling that far.

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
Very agreeable top 10. I'm not a big fan of Tim Connolly, but the comparison is fair for Strome in terms of playing style. If he's picked by Atlanta, he'll most likely shift to the wing.

I would compare Zibanejad to Mikko Koivu rather than Sundin. I don't see a lot of David Booth in Biggs, I would compare him to a little like a raw Shane Doan. Not that he will get as good as Doan (though he can)- but he's the kind of guy who isn't extremely good offensively but plays with a lot of sandpaper and the sort of guy who gets an A or a C on his jersey pretty fast.

I'll throw in one guy who has fallen off the face of the earth- Seth Ambroz could be an intriguing pick come the late rounds but at the same time someone who might get picked late 1st early 2nd. At the beginning of the year he was top 10 in the rankings, but his USHL season has had him fall off a bit. He reminds me a lot of Latendresse - big, good hands, but doesn't use his body as scouts would like and has some motor issues. If he gets that fixed up, he'll be a steal.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
That was a good mock draft good job. I think that the Habs will draft Bigg's however. Timmin's likes drafting American's and he is the guy that we could use on our top 6 one day. A Big top 6 PWF. Could be a Bust could be a Stud. I like our Chances.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Very agreeable top 10. I'm not a big fan of Tim Connolly, but the comparison is fair for Strome in terms of playing style. If he's picked by Atlanta, he'll most likely shift to the wing.

I would compare Zibanejad to Mikko Koivu rather than Sundin. I don't see a lot of David Booth in Biggs, I would compare him to a little like a raw Shane Doan. Not that he will get as good as Doan (though he can)- but he's the kind of guy who isn't extremely good offensively but plays with a lot of sandpaper and the sort of guy who gets an A or a C on his jersey pretty fast.

'll throw in one guy who has fallen off the face of the earth- Seth Ambroz could be an intriguing pick come the late rounds but at the same time someone who might get picked late 1st early 2nd.I At the beginning of the year he was top 10 in the rankings, but his USHL season has had him fall off a bit. He reminds me a lot of Latendresse - big, good hands, but doesn't use his body as scouts would like and has some motor issues. If he gets that fixed up, he'll be a steal.

I feel bad for the team who draft's him . In the Hockey News Draft Edition they compared him to Hugh Jessiman. That's not a good thing...

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC

The only ones changed were Grimaldi from Fleury to Ennis and Mayfield from Erskine to Burns. I think calling the original comparisons awful is very unfair.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think the Nick Lidström comparison for Adam Larsson is accurate. They are pretty much nothing alike. I would say Adam Larsson is much more like Mattias Öhlund when he broke into the league, if you want to compare him to a Swedish player.

fazon

Oct 17, 2010

I'll throw in one guy who has fallen off the face of the earth- Seth Ambroz could be an intriguing pick come the late rounds but at the same time someone who might get picked late 1st early 2nd. At the beginning of the year he was top 10 in the rankings, but his USHL season has had him fall off a bit. He reminds me a lot of Latendresse - big, good hands, but doesn't use his body as scouts would like and has some motor issues. If he gets that fixed up, he'll be a steal.

I like the Doan comparison but that's more of a "best case scenario"-type comparison. I think Doan is much more gifted offensively.

I have Ambroz in the mid 2nd round.

I would rather see the Bruins take Zibanejad than Beaulieu

I think they're fine at center for now. I've seen some people suggesting that Zibanejad could play wing, which makes no sense seeing as how he's one of the best faceoff men overseas and he's sound defensively.

I think Bartschi goes way higher than 18

I had him ranked as high as #10 in my draft rankings a few months ago, but my mock is based on a realistic representation of where I think the players will fall as well as who is the best player that fits the team's needs.

That was a good mock draft good job. I think that the Habs will draft Bigg's however. Timmin's likes drafting American's and he is the guy that we could use on our top 6 one day. A Big top 6 PWF. Could be a Bust could be a Stud. I like our Chances.

I don't see him as a bust at all. He's one of the safest picks a GM can make in the draft, hence the 6.5 B

The only ones changed were Grimaldi from Fleury to Ennis and Mayfield from Erskine to Burns. I think calling the original comparisons awful is very unfair.

I also had Phillips compared to Giroux but when I changed it, I meant to change the second mock draft but accidentally changed the 1st one.

I have a hard time to believe that Larsson will pass up the top 3!

Same here. I think he's top 2 talent, but I don't see Florida or Colorado drafting another defenseman with Couturier and/or Landeskog still on the board. I'm still not ruling out the possibility of EDM taking him 1st overall though.

Jul 10, 2010
dont think the sharks take a 5'6 guy with boom bust with such a thin prospect pool at forward.
if i was picking id take phillips

Menwithouthat tricks

Dec 25, 2002
Visit site
The Isles are stocked with smaller, puck-moving d-men prospects (de Hann, Ness, Donovan, Katic). Even if Murphy is better than all of them, the Isles would be better off with a Dougie Hamilton if he is available at 5.

fazon

Oct 17, 2010
dont think the sharks take a 5'6 guy with boom bust with such a thin prospect pool at forward.
if i was picking id take phillips

They're team is pretty set for the next few years, so why not? It's not like they have 5 aging vets whose positions need to be filled.

fazon

Oct 17, 2010
Update: New NHL mock draft set to be released at the end of the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->