Prospect Info: Draft Summary

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I like this draft for the most part, except for the #58 and #109 picks.

Really liked the Mantha and Janmark-Nylen selections.

What is your knock on Pope? I thought that he was one of our better picks to be honest.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
He's a cutter, sorta like in basketball. By that I mean he comes in from off screen with a full head of steam and then puts the puck in the net.

So, neither? I don't think he's as wicked in the slot as a guy like Hull, but he's in good scoring positions when the puck hits his stick; unlike Cleary.

Trying to think of a good modern comparison and drawing blank; Danny Heatley before the injuries? Like just from a playstyle perspective anyways. You should watch the goal compilation to get your own idea; it's in French but you can always mute the super loud announcers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHN8Oa3ghbA

There's also this, but it looks like many of the highlights are from the same game:

I see a little bit of Tony Amonte there; although once again it's a playstyle thing not a body type thing obviously.
worst thing about him so far is that he does that stupid kneeling arm-dragging goal celebration. :shakehead

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hudon playing CIS hockey next year?

Don't know what his plans are, only that because he actually enrolled we still own his rights. Doesn't look like they are going to sign him at any point. I would assume he would do an overage season then go the CIS route. He is a confusing case because he actually enrolled Cornell and attended classes so we had four years from that date to sign him. Leaving for the CHL didn't change that.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Mantha is an interesting player, sounds like a great pick at #20, and mini Bert should have been picked later and I'm not educated enough in the others to comment on them.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Vertek Vertical Jump with Pause: 1 (tie). Remi Elie, London (OHL), Eamon McAdam, Waterloo (USHL) and Ryan Pulock, Brandon (WHL), 28.5 inches; 4 (tie). Nicholas Baptiste, Sudbury (OHL) and Thomas Vannelli, Minnetonka (HIGH-MN), 28.0; 6 (tie). Samuel Morin, Rimouski (QMJHL), Ryan Kujawinski, Kingston (OHL), and Anthony Mantha, Val-d'Or (QMJHL), 27.5; 9 (tie). Brett Pesce, New Hampshire (H-EAST), Ian McCoshen, Waterloo (USHL), Justin Bailey, Kitchener (OHL), Kerby Rychel, Windsor (OHL), Spenser Jensen, Medicine Hat (WHL), Jeremy Gregoire, Baie-Comeau (QMJHL), Frederik Gauthier, Rimouski (QMJHL), Ryan Fitzgerald, Valley (EJHL), and Morgan Klimchuk, Regina (WHL), 27.0.

Standing Long Jump: 1. Zach Nastasiuk, Owen Sound (OHL), 117.0 inches; 2. Jacob de la Rose, Leksand (SWE), 115.0; 3. Justin Bailey, Kitchener (OHL), 114.0; 4. Spenser Jensen, Medicine Hat (WHL), 112.5; 5. Linus Arnesson, Djurgarden (SWE), 111.5; 6 (tie). Sean Malone, USA U-18 (USHL), Nicholas Baptiste, Sudbury (OHL) and Ryan Kujawinski, Kingston (OHL), 111.0; 9 (tie). Steven Santini, USA U-18 (USHL), and Chris Bigras, Owen Sound (OHL), 110.0

VO2 Max Test Duration: 1. Mirco Mueller, Everett (WHL), 14:30; 2. Chris Bigras, Owen Sound (OHL), 14:30; 3. Adam Erne, Quebec (QMJHL), 14:00; 4. Rasmus Ristolainen, TPS (FIN), 14:00; 5 (tie). Dillon Heatherington, Swift Current, Samuel Morin, Rimouski (QMJHL) and Bo Horvat, London (OHL), 14:00; 8. Sean Monahan, Ottawa (OHL), 14:00; 9. Anthony Mantha, Val-d'Or (QMJHL), 14:00; 10. Mason Geertsen, Vancouver, 13:30.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=18183

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
worst thing about him so far is that he does that stupid kneeling arm-dragging goal celebration. :shakehead

Disagree. We need more obnoxious cellys. I want these people going ape-****. Make old Canadians angry. Good stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad