draft start time

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I'd also recommend looking for a stream online if you live in the States as Canada usually has great pre-draft shows that usually wont get shown on the normal channels.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
How long is the program for on TV? 3 or 4 hours?

According to the video uploaded to YouTube, last year's first round coverage clocked in at 2 hours and 37 minutes. They've made a concerted effort to streamline the picks over the last couple of years. Some of the 1st rounds earlier this decade definitely took 3+ hours.

Edit: Scratch that thought, YT vid edited out the commercials. Looking at my photos from attending last year, first round was about 3 hours, 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nsjohnson

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
According to the video uploaded to YouTube, last year's first round coverage clocked in at 2 hours and 37 minutes. They've made a concerted effort to streamline the picks over the last couple of years. Some of the 1st rounds earlier this decade definitely took 3+ hours.

Is that 2:37 number including commercials?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Is that 2:37 number including commercials?

Ah, good call. Didn't check to see if commercials were edited out and that appears to be the case.

I was there last year, so I could just take a look at the timestamps from the photos I took. Looks like I took one of the draft board after the 28th pick at 8:54pm local time (draft coverage started at 6pm, first pick was made ~6:15pm). So the draft probably took around 3 hours, 15 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad