Draft Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

capman29

Champ said:
If you take the draft of 2004 and 2005 and you have to do a top five , what is your choices?

for me

Crosby
Ovenckin
Malkin
Brule
Latendresse
And your reasoning for that order is? It Ovechkin and all the rest ? If Ovechkin were available in the 2003 draft he would have been the number one pick also. Put him in a draft with Crosby and he is still picked number one over all . Why you ask? Because he is the best over all player in years. He all the tools that Crosby is lacking and besides he is bigger faster physical player . Any questions >

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
capman29 said:
And your reasoning for that order is? It Ovechkin and all the rest ? If Ovechkin were available in the 2003 draft he would have been the number one pick also. Put him in a draft with Crosby and he is still picked number one over all . Why you ask? Because he is the best over all player in years. He all the tools that Crosby is lacking and besides he is bigger faster physical player . Any questions >

And this has nothing to do with you being a Caps fan? Take off the rosed colored glasses.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Sir Ozzie X said:
And this has nothing to do with you being a Caps fan? Take off the rosed colored glasses.

LOL, his post was the biggest homer post I've ever seen. Thanks for the cheap laugh.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
capman29 said:

Seen both play live.

Crosby vs Ovechkin in my eyes based on what I have seen live and on TV:

Skating:
Crosby < Ovechkin (not by much though)

Stickhandling:
Crosby = Ovechkin (some my think different, but not if you see them play live)

Shooting:
Crosby < Ovechkin

Passing
Crosby > Ovechkin

Hockey Sense
Crosby > Ovechkin (by a large margin)

Vision and Playmaking
Crosby > Ovechkin (by a large margin)

Strength:
Crosby = Ovechkin (Crosby does not get taken down easy at all, just like Ovechkin)

Ability to work the boards:
Crosby = Ovechkin

Defensive play
Crosby = Ovechkin

Checking ability:
Crosby < Ovechkin

on ice attitude:
Crosby = Ovechkin

IMO I would take Crosby over Ovechkin by far, the way Crosby sees the ice and thinks the game out is like only one other player could (Gretzky), this ability is what seperates superstars and Players in the ranks of Gretzky, Orr, Lemieux, Howe type ranks. Though I think Ovechkin will be a superstar down the road, I think Crosby will be the biggest name in Hockey since Mario Lemieux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad