Draft Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Joe Hallenback said:
I think if you look at past goalie prospects that had huge reps like Rick Dipetro and Al Montoya they didnt live up to it at first. Dipetro seems to be becoming the goalie everyone thought he would become and the book is still out on Montoya. I think rushing goalies and expecting to much out of them is not a good thing. Goalies IMO take the longest to develop and should be given time to become the type of player they were expected to become.

Dont get me wrong I like Frazee I think he will develop into a top notch goalie But I dont think ANY goalie should be drafted in the first round.

You make valid points, but points that don't really relate to my argument. All I was saying is I think Frazee is underrated. That doesn't mean I think he's a star in the making, just that he should be mentioned in the same breath as some of the other top goalie prospects. Shoot, I don't even think he'll be a first or even second rounder. More like the 3rd or so.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Le Golie said:
I must have watched more of this tournament than you. And in my opinion Pavelec was the best goaltender at the tournament. Frazee had a good tournament, but on an individual basis he certainly did not outperform Pavelec. You can dig up all the comparable stats you want but when you are looking at box scores and not real hockey, don't expect your diagnosis to be accurate.

You're saying I can't use empirical data to support an argument? Tough crowd here at Hockey's Future...........

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
monster_bertuzzi said:
There are only 3 superstar calibre players in this draft and they are Crosby, Brule, and Johnson.

I totally disagree. There is 1 player with Superstar potential which is Crosby. The other guys have potential to be a first line forward or #1 / #2 dman but I don't believe either will be a superstar.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
You're saying I can't use empirical data to support an argument? Tough crowd here at Hockey's Future...........

Data is always a good way to support a position, but watching the play unfold trumps a box score any time.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Le Golie said:
Data is always a good way to support a position, but watching the play unfold trumps a box score any time.

That's fine. I think the thrust of my argument is being lost in all of this anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->