Draft Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
We currently have the #5 draft pick after Florida, Colorado, Calgary, and Carolina. Who do you draft. I'm guessing the top four players to go are Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, and Barkov.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
BP available which is Nichushkin if the OP 1-4 is correct, but I expect he will be gone. My guess MacKinnon may fall out of the top 4 and then it is a choice of him or Nurse, but a lot could change after the world U18 Apr 18-28.

ISS April rankings:

Rank Name Position Birthdate Shot H W Team League Mar. Rank
1 Seth Jones D 10/03/94 R 6.03.5 208 Portland WHL 1
2 Valeri Nichushkin C 03/04/95 L 6.04 196 Chelyabinsk KHL 2
3 Nathan MacKinnon C 09/01/95 R 6.00 182 Halifax QMJHL 3
4 Jonathan Drouin LW 03/27/95 L 5.10.75 185 Halifax QMJHL 4
5 Sasha Barkov C 09/02/95 L 6.02 205 Tappara FinE 6
6 Darnell Nurse D 02/04/95 L 6.03.5 189 Sault Ste. Marie OHL 5
7 Nikita Zadorov D 04/15/95 L 6.05.25 230 London OHL 7

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
If the top4 go as expected (Jones, Drouin, Barkov and MacKinnon), I think it will come down to Nurse and Nishushkin and who our scouts like more. But I could also see us trading down to ~10 for the right offer and draft Zadorov.
Questionable would just be what the right offer to trade down would be.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
BPA.

To me at #5 that is Elias Lindholm. Played RW this year but I expect him to be C next year. Was better than what Bäckström was at he's age. I'd take him even if/when Vinny is not bought out.

But I'm confident that SFY and co. makes the right choice. To me it comes down to Elias, Monahan and Nichushkin.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Nichushkin will most likely slip due to the "Russian Factor". Yzerman has no qualms drafting Russians and Nuchushkin looks like he's going to be a beast. If he's there, grab him.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
If I suppose that Barkov, Jones, Mackinnon and Drouin are drafted...

I choose one of Nichuskin or Lindholm, both will be great players.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I'm torn. Love both Nurse and Zadorov, both exactly what our blueline needs, but... you get one of these centers, let him work his way into the lineup, and have a VL replacement. Not a bad spot to be in.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I really like Monahan out of this group, though. There's a ton of talent, though, so a lot of picks could go right.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I'm torn. Love both Nurse and Zadorov, both exactly what our blueline needs, but... you get one of these centers, let him work his way into the lineup, and have a VL replacement. Not a bad spot to be in.

Why replace VL, he still plays great (20th best center in the league in PPG) and we have enoguh guys, that could step up into his position as long as he is injured (Killorn, Johnson and maybe with some line juggeling Pyatt/Thompson). And we might really whine that he is injured every season, but many guys are (Sid, Malkin, Kesler,....) and yet their teams don't give up on them.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'm with Still All In. I've been hoping for Nurse, or Zadorov to a slightly lesser extent, for quite some time. I expect we'll have a suitable 2nd line center to replace Vinny when the time comes without having to draft that player in the first round this year. Regardless, I have no reason to doubt that we'll go BPA and end up with a hell of a player no matter what position he plays. There are just so many intriguing names in this draft, and I'm really excited about it.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Nichushkin if he's available. No question.

Nichushkin-Richard-Kucherov

Done.

But. If we can weasel our way into pick 4 and someone else picks up on Nichushkin that means one of the "top 3" comes to us at 4.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
I said in the original Jones/MacKinnon/Drouin thread that I would take Elias Lindholm. At #5/6, I still take Elias Lindholm. I love the way the guy plays, and it's a type of play that combines both grit and skilled hands. It's not like Sweden doesn't know what they're doing with centers.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Why replace VL, he still plays great (20th best center in the league in PPG) and we have enoguh guys, that could step up into his position as long as he is injured (Killorn, Johnson and maybe with some line juggeling Pyatt/Thompson). And we might really whine that he is injured every season, but many guys are (Sid, Malkin, Kesler,....) and yet their teams don't give up on them.

I don't mean now, just moving forward. Marty and Vinny aren't getting younger.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'll be happy with any of Jones, Drouin, Nichushkin, MacKinnon, Barkov, Lindholm or Monahan in that order :nod:

Not that I am in any way scouting these players regularly. These are based solely off of gut feelings from what I HAVE seen of the players and also based on what I've heard from others.

Last edited:

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
I can see us doing something stupid and winning 4 out of the next 5 games and blowing a top 5 pick. Interesting to see how they play against Montreal and especially Carolina on Sunday.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I went with Nurse because he seems to have everything we are currently missing on defence and his character makes him an ideal fit for Coop's pack mentality. He's got size, toughness, above average skating ability and a burgeoning offensive game that makes him a potential top pairing d-man.

Nichushkin is a good shout too, would not be disappointed with him either. If MacKinnon somehow drops out of the top 4, he's a no brainer pick for me and will likely be BPA.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Bah. Tampa Bay Trio it is, I guess. :shakehead

Whoa, whoa. In what nonsense draft ranking am I below Colonel Klinkhammer? Last I checked, he had a confidence issue that affected his game. When I said Crabby was quickly becoming one of my favourite posters, he was visibly upset. Clear red flag for me if I were a scout...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad