Draft pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt2004

Apr 18, 2004
I have to say it really amuses me when fans of certain NHL teams read a mock and come to the conclusion there is no way my team will draft that player?

This is to assume a couple of things A) you've seen all the players available and your long draft record makes you the official source. In which case how much does your draft guide cost or B) you've spoken with your teams GM who has informed you that this is the player that they are focused on.

If the later is the case your GM is either extremely stupid or has been secretly running the LA Clippers from behind the scenes for years. :dunno:

We all tend to get focused on 1 or 2 players each year, heck I'm as guilty of that as anybody. Now these teams staffs spend hundreds of hours watching these players from September thru May and then spend more hours in war rooms putting these lists together.

Sorry I just needed to blow off some steam :yo:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I hear ya. :clap:

Although I can understand it in some cases, when someone has a team drafting for a position they're already set in. Stuff like that.

thestonedkoala

Look at LA Kings. Most of us assume they are going to take a goaltender but they are weak in other areas too. They just lose Rome (could use a good defenseman other than Grebeshkov and Gleason). Could use a center too now that Aulin is gone or they could end up taking a surprise pick if they can't resign Palffy or whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad