*raises glass*

here's hoping that dale tallon can scout well

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
for detroit:

2004 NHL Entry Draft: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th

thats what our draft looks like. We lost our second rounder in the schneider deal last year....

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
JayzinSmith said:
I'll put it on the list, but it'll be in brackets until it's revealed which exact pick it is. I knew he was traded for a pick, but I didn't have a round or even a year, so I had left it off the list till now.

Well I can tell you the story of why it was a conditional 3rd rounder in the Ference deal. The Flames had traded for Curtis Joseph's rights before he had signed in Detroit. As part of this deal they were going to ship the pick that ended up being a round lower than the compensation pick they'd get for losing Joseph back to Toronto. At the time of the Ference trade they still did not know where the Joseph compensation pick was so it was a conditional 3rd in 2003 or 2004.

Now closer to the draft we find out that the Joseph compensation pick was a 2nd rounder therefore we owed Toronto our 3rd rounder which pushed the Ference 3rd rounder to 2004.

So it's definitely a 2004 3rd rounder to Pitt and that's why.

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Well I can tell you the story of why it was a conditional 3rd rounder in the Ference deal. The Flames had traded for Curtis Joseph's rights before he had signed in Detroit. As part of this deal they were going to ship the pick that ended up being a round lower than the compensation pick they'd get for losing Joseph back to Toronto. At the time of the Ference trade they still did not know where the Joseph compensation pick was so it was a conditional 3rd in 2003 or 2004.

Now closer to the draft we find out that the Joseph compensation pick was a 2nd rounder therefore we owed Toronto our 3rd rounder which pushed the Ference 3rd rounder to 2004.

So it's definitely a 2004 3rd rounder to Pitt and that's why.
I think it's a sign that the Draft is a complex system when it takes 6 sentences to explain 1 pick.

Thanks, the list is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->