Draft order question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Refresh my memory if you will. The Stanley Cup winner picks 30th. I know that. The from there does it go all playoff team, and then team that didn't make the playoffs? Or does it only go by points.

Say the playoffs ended right now San Jose and LA would both have more points than Montreal; would Montreal pick before those two.

Thanks.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Legionnaire said:
Refresh my memory if you will. The Stanley Cup winner picks 30th. I know that. The from there does it go all playoff team, and then team that didn't make the playoffs? Or does it only go by points.

Say the playoffs ended right now San Jose and LA would both have more points than Montreal; would Montreal pick before those two.

Thanks.

All non playoff teams pick in order of how they finished, so 1 through 14th. Then the playoff teams pick in order of how they finished. As an example if the season ended today and the Habs ended in 8th, they would pick either 15th or 30th. So if SJ and LA didn't make the playoffs but had more points they would still pick before the Habs, say 13th and 14th.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
montreal said:
All non playoff teams pick in order of how they finished, so 1 through 14th. Then the playoff teams pick in order of how they finished. As an example if the season ended today and the Habs ended in 8th, they would pick either 15th or 30th. So if SJ and LA didn't make the playoffs but had more points they would still pick before the Habs, say 13th and 14th.

Thanks montreal. I looked all over trying to find the answer, but couldn't find and example.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
montreal said:

you serious??? awwww man

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
montreal said:
1. All non-playoff teams in reverse order of points (team with the fewest point is 1st, next fewest is 2nd, and so on). These 14 teams participate in the draft lottery.
2. All playoff teams EXCEPT division winners and the Stanley Cup champion (if that team didn't win their division) in reverse order of points. Roughly spots 15-24.
3. The division winners EXCEPT the Stanley Cup champion (if that team won its division) in reverse order of points. Roughly spots 25-29.
4. The Stanley Cup champion is then placed at #30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->