Confirmed with Link: Draft lottery to be held April 9

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
The new draft odds make it so painful to be a legitimately struggling team.

Where the hell was this before the Chicago and Pittsburgh dynasties? Pfffttt I say! Pffffftttt.

Edmonton ruined it for everyone.

Especially McDavid.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Well, Detroit better start buy lottery tickets, both because they need Hughes, and because if Colorado wins, my blood will boil.

I'm expecting shenanigans where a team will not only jump us but Colorado.

But my body is ready nonethless

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If we don't get a top 2 pick, and defensmen would rather have over remaining top forwards?

The only defenseman that looks to have their name in that discussion is Bowen Byram, but he’s not a lock by any means to be top 4, as Shaman alluded to

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
If they miss the playoffs they could draft 1st and 2nd overall.

Bettman is a David Stern disciple. You would need the NHL caliber of Lebron James, on a historically awful franchise, to say he is taking his talents elsewhere live on TSN.

Hoping for #1. Expecting anywhere between #2-5.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Sorry for the qurkestionaire but would it be a terrible choice at 3 or 4 in your view?

The centers available between 3 and 6 are more likely to be elite center than any of the defenders in the top 15 are likely to be top pairing. Since Detroit is thin at center, picking a center at 3-6 would be the best idea.

Reactions: hkydave04

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
The centers available between 3 and 6 are more likely to be elite center than any of the defenders in the top 15 are likely to be top pairing. Since Detroit is thin at center, picking a center at 3-6 would be the best idea.
Okay, I see. Seems like drafting a dman at the top keeps eluding us. Zadina falls into our lap or just one isn't around the projection of were picking. Boy I hope we land Karlsson and get Chol and Hronek up full time next year.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Sorry for the qurkestionaire but would it be a terrible choice at 3 or 4 in your view?

I go back and forth on him. He has steadily increased his stock in my eyes. Right now my top 5 (for Detroit) is Kakko, Hughes, Turcotte, Cozens, and Byram. Some days I bump him to 4, sometimes he falls out to 6 or 7. I don’t think it would be a bad choice by any means, but the range of 3-8 looks to be extremely volatile based on who you are talking to this year.

Reactions: Realgud

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I did 1 tankathon sim today. Colorado from Ottawa, Colorado jumped 9, Florida jumped 9. I don't think I'm doing that anymore.

I haven’t run one in probably a month when my top three were Colorado-Colorado (Ottawa)-Chicago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad