Draft Lottery Predictions

FrolundaRedWings

Feb 27, 2017
Alright guys, the day that we have been waiting for all season is here. Tonight we will see who drafts top 3 and I have already prepared myself for the wings not be one of them. Cleary's got his rosary beads and I've got my lucky shirt on, hopefully tonight the wings actually win something. Obviously nobody knows who is going to win but lets do some predictions of the top 3.

Mine:

1. Ottawa Senators :sens (Get their Karlsson successor)
2. Chicago Blackhawks :hawks (Because of course they will win)
3. Vancouver Canucks :nucks(Pettersson, Boeser, & Zadina would be pretty scary)

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Dahlin goes to Detroit.

Arizona gets Svech, and the Islanders jump way up for the final lottery pick.

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Not expecting top 3 so I won’t be as disappointed. Just hope we don’t fall to 8th

My guess is

1. NY Rangers
2. Arizona
3. Buffalo

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Been around these boards since 2002, it's amazing how we went from those dynasty like days to this, nevertheless, I hope we land Dahlin and turn this boat around.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Last year's draft had a bunch of teams jump up, so I'm going to guess that this year will go more according to form.

Arizona
Buffalo
Montreal

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I probably fall somewhere in the agnostic to atheist part of the spectrum, but I will be praying for the next several hours. Hopefully it doesn't backfire because it's a pretty selfish and insignificant thing to pray for in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Here's my feelings

If we get a top 3 pick, I'll be elated.
If we get a top 5 pick, I'll be really happy.
Anything other than that and I'll be disappointed.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Post of statistical depression

Detroit has a:
91.5% chance of getting pick 2 or later.
73.9% chance of drafting outside the top 3.
65.5% chance of drafting outside the top 5.
31% chance of drafting outside the top 6.
and a 4.3% chance of drafting outside the top 7.

Conclusions: Detroit is unlikely to pick in the top 3, and probably not in the top 5. #6 has the best individual chance of happening, and #6/#7 jointly are the most likely pairing by a mile. If you predict it'll be either pick 6 or pick 7, you have a 61% chance of being right.

If Bob McKenzie is on point with his rankings (and let's face it, he almost always is), it's unlikely Detroit will have the opportunity to draft these players: Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Tkachuk, and one of the remaining defensemen.

What players should you mentally prepare for?

Boqvist, Bouchard, Hughes, Dobson, Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi

Reactions: Heaton

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
We'll pick 8th unfortunately. Stupid dumb ass system...
I'd be amazed. But tbh I don't see that much of a significant drop in quality between drafting 5th or drafting 8th. If we're not top 3 we're likely getting a swing at one of Bouchard/Boqvist/Dobson. Hughes and Wahlstrom aren't bad options either.

My guess is we get 6th. Vancouver gets Dahlin and everyone else pretty much stays put.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
1. Dallas or Chicago
2. Edmonton
3. St. Louis > Flyers or Chicago

8. Wings. But they use it to take the guy ranked 9th even if someone from the top four falls to them.

Last edited:

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
The yelling at the tv will truly commence once we get to the #8 reveal.

The #5 reveal will be insane if we are still alive bc it would mean a top 3 guaranteed pick if we don’t get the fifth overall since we can’t pick 4th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->