Draft lottery predictions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
turnbuckle said:
Predictions are for losers - there's no scientific/logical sense to making a prediction on the lottery - who the hell knows? It's like predicting whether it will be sunny or rainy on August 1.

Yet I'm sure there will be someone bragging come next Friday about how they were the closest to predicting who would get the top picks even though the only reason they "accomplished" this was because they had horseshoes up their tookus, and of course people here will congratulate him/her/it for what amounts to nothing. Whatever.
Geez, lighten up. So it's all about dumb luck and instincts, that doesn't mean it can't be good for a laugh if someone gets really close to the top 5. I guess people that play the lottery, or bet on sporting events, or play cards are losers, because pretty much all of that is based on luck (sure there's some skill in picking "favorites" or watching what cards are available, but no matter how much you plan and calculate, you're still at the mercy of the luck of the draw.)

Buffalo Stylee

Apr 4, 2004
Buffalo/Niagara
jumptheshark said:
teams that will love what happens in the lotto

NYR
Detroit
TB
Nashville
Columbas

teams that will hate the draft

Edmonton
Chicago
Buffalo

Funny, I tend to think it'll be the exact opposite. I'm thinking Chicago, Edmonton, and Buffalo might all have top 10 picks. I don't expect Detroit to have a high pick at all. Of course anything can happen but that's just how I feel.

lecherous

Apr 11, 2002
Rochester, NY
www.voteforrory.com
Buffalo
Columbus
Minnesota
Calgary
Montreal

I'm a bit biased considering these are 5 of my top 6-7 teams in the league, but it's not really out of the question to see it happen. I'm a Buffalo fan so I'm hoping for them to get Crosby, but I'd like to see Montreal pick 1st of the 1 ball teams because of their disadvantage over the other 1 ball teams.

al3x

Jul 12, 2005
Bucharest,Romania
champben2002 said:
Not true Turnbuckle. You can show that you know which teams have more balls by predicting them. That would give you an edge over your opposing predictors. None the less I predict
Ottawa
Rangers
Buffalo
Columbus
Pittsburgh
:) You cheated bigtime my friend. You weren't supposed to pick more than 2 of the teams with 3 lottery balls and you picked all 4 of them. :teach:

GlueleG

Mar 29, 2002
Brooklin, Ontario
Visit site
turnbuckle said:
Predictions are for losers - there's no scientific/logical sense to making a prediction on the lottery - who the hell knows? It's like predicting whether it will be sunny or rainy on August 1.

Yet I'm sure there will be someone bragging come next Friday about how they were the closest to predicting who would get the top picks even though the only reason they "accomplished" this was because they had horseshoes up their tookus, and of course people here will congratulate him/her/it for what amounts to nothing. Whatever.

Thanks for your input ... the time you've taken to post your disapproval of this little "guessing contest" shows that you have a lot of time on your hands & need desperately to get laid ... ... ... here are my long-shot predictions:

TB
DET
BOS
PHX
NJ

High flyin' Habs*

al3x said:
:) You cheated bigtime my friend. You weren't supposed to pick more than 2 of the teams with 3 lottery balls and you picked all 4 of them. :teach:
That means he's disqualified already. :)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've updated my first post, so that all the entries are listed. The two people who submitted ineligible lists have until 12am Thursday to fix their lists, otherwise they won't get counted when the lottery happens.

turnbuckle*

It took me all of a minute to type that reponse gluesniffer, if that somehow equates to not getting laid, then what does that mean about the length of time you spent on this useless exercise? - that you are in desparate need to pull your pud, but don't know how?

Here's some more useless fun

I just thought of a number between 1 and 30. Can anyone predict what number I guessed? The person who guesses it will receive a hero biscuit next Thursday.

the_gman83

Mar 27, 2002
Lethbridge
Visit site
Not really a prediction, more of an analysis, but anyway....

I (along with pretty much everyone else who could) wrote a draft lottery simulator which I believe to be accurate based on the known details. I did numerous (over 100,000) simulations, and out of all the simulations, this is what I found:

The teams with 3 balls' average drawing was at the 10th spot.
The teams with 2 balls' average drawing was at the 13th spot.
The teams with 1 ball's average drawing was at the 18th spot.

Of course, this information is only useful after the lottery is done, when you can tell if your team's pick was above or below average.

Oh, and my picks(by simulation) for the top 5 are:

1. Chicago
2. Atlanta
3. Calgary
4. Edmonton
5. Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad