Draft Lottery of 7/22/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE DENTAL CARE

Mar 20, 2004
The DRAFT LOTTERY was as exciting as a root canal or watching paint dry. I can think of 10 ways that it could have been more exciting. Bettman has NO personality. Hearing him promise that the game will be better and more exciting instills NO confidence whatsoever.

X0ssbar

The words "sour grapes" come to mind.

I thought the whole thing was very exciting.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I thought it was intense.

Were you looking for a game show format? Maybe a giant Plinko board with 30 teams at the bottom?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I nearly had a heart attack . . . especially in those two breaks between three 10 team segments. I could not handle more intense. Add to that, in hindsight, how many fans had so much riding on this emotionally and I am glad that they handled it in a fairly conservative serious manner. To add, as stated above, game show like bells and whistles, would have trivialized it in my book.

Transplanted Caper

2x ATD Co-Champion
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I thought the whole thing was very exciting. Woulda liked Toronto to pick higher, but hey, thats the way it goes

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
ktownhockey said:
Why is everyone so GD critical of everything the NHL does? just live with it. It's not a perfect world and they did the best they can.

:clap:

At least they're going to be on the ice again this year...that's exciting enough for me.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
FREE DENTAL CARE said:
The DRAFT LOTTERY was as exciting as a root canal or watching paint dry. I can think of 10 ways that it could have been more exciting. Bettman has NO personality. Hearing him promise that the game will be better and more exciting instills NO confidence whatsoever.

That's simply because you attached WAY too much importance to the event.

ftyutin51

Jul 2, 2004
Huntington Bay, NY
FREE DENTAL CARE said:

:shakehead :shakehead

Atleast he tried, and I'd bet you anything that posters at HF don't care if it was boring, or 'exciting'. Even if Bettman "has NO personality", did you expect him and the general managers there to make jokes, and put on music, and drink margaritas? The Draft Lottery isn't supposed to be a fun event.. if anything, it's rather intense (like tom_servo said) and this is your team's future and Sidney Crosby's, etc. future. Stop picking on Bettman and if you're a true Hockey fan, be happy that atleast in October, we'll have games to purchase tickets to.

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
FREE DENTAL CARE said:
I'm currently having root canal..............the lottery is MUCH BETTER! :snide:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->