Draft Lottery Night!!! (Devils win, move up to #4)

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It's only tanking when other teams do it.

Shockingly bad teams are going to be bad, especially after being sellers at the trade deadline.

Hell, in Edmonton's case they were sans their top 5 scorers to end the season (4 injuries and the Penner trade) and their #1 defenseman. Considering this team couldn't win much with those players how exaclty are they supposed to win without them when practically everyone else in the conference is pushing for a playoff spot?

Exactly.

The idea of teams trying to lose is just silly these days. You have players playing for jobs, you have a coach trying to keep a job. The GM has to analyze the direction of the team and act accordingly.

Some teams have bad luck. Some teams have bad management. Some teams have bad players. Some teams have a combination of the above. Usually the lottery teams are in the last group (having a combination). The Devils simply had bad luck.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Ottawa, Colorado, Edmonton. That's my prediction, as unlikely as it is. Although Edmonton might be upset to see RNH and Larsson gone before they pick.

eh? Oilers finished last. If they lose the lottery, they will pick 2nd. So there is no way both LArsson and RNH will be gone by then.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
I have a gut feeling that florida wins it, of course i said the saem thing last year lol. If they do, cue the "Lottery rigged for South Teams"

Of course it's always rigged when a southern team wins, but when Oilers keep their pick (48.2%) it's all good. Conspiracy theories always come up when a southern teams win something.:shakehead

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Colorado is not the 2nd worst team in the NHL, far from it.

Yes they are.

No defense
No goaltending
No coaching
No durability, meaning our players were made out of glass.

I would even argue that Colorado was worse than Edmonton after the All-Star break.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Larsson.jpg

rnh-1.jpg

lando.jpg

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Wow if Colorado won, they would have Duchene, Stastny, Johnson and Larsson to build around. :amazed:

FTFY

They need some good wingers but yes... Add in O'Reilly, Elliott and Barrie (2 of the WHL's best defenders) and Hishon (arguably the best forward in the OHL last year), with Pickard (already going to LEM) and Aittokallio and Patterson they have a great team to play with coming up here.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It's only tanking when other teams do it.

Like diving. I'd love to see the fans whining about tanking actually run the results through their Deservotron 3000. Wild guess: their team would end up higher.

There's been two accepted instances of tanking: Pittsburgh for Mario and Ottawa for Daigle.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
I have a feeling the avs will win it.
Not too concerned as an oilers fan, id be happy with RNH or Larsson, though it is nice to pick #1.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I hope the Avs win it... If not I'd be fine if the Oilers won it.

KingJet*

I want Florida to have it so they can get RNH, Edmonton to get Second to get Larsson, Colorado to get third to take Landeskog.

If NYI get a top 5, bet they trade down in the draft and take a D.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I believe that to be a construct for you to feel better about Devils season.

Ie, when Devils are really bad for half a season it's just because they are bad. When other teams are bad for half a season they are in reality doing it to purposely lose, because they clearly can't just be bad for half a season. That can only happen in the first half of the year.

Feeling smug about winning more in the last half of the season than the first is of course the prerogative of any fan base. I'm just pointing out how silly it is.

I don't know how old you are, but I've watched hockey for a long time. And remember how Pittsburgh tanked for Mario Lemieux, when the Devils were definitely the worse team that year. And why do you think they put in a lottery in both basketball & hockey, because teams have always tanked when they thought it would benefit them in the long run. Don't be so naive.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
anyone watching VS? Roenick says Bryz is arguably the best goalie in the league while talking about the Phx Dt series, than while talking about Timmeh says the same thing lols

he's funny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad