Draft Lottery - May 7th @ 6:30 ET, ESPN (upd: #1 SJS, #2 CHI, #3 ANA)

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
Well tanked Sharks. Not even getting 20 wins is a generational tank job.

If we're going pain to payoff measurement then this is the most acceptable outcome.
What should they have done? Be like their geographical ancestors the California Golden Seals and trade away first round picks to Montreal and be mediocre instead of terrible and eventually in Richfield, Ohio?

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
It's disrespectful to the whole draft process to have Celebrini there, I know he will be the first overall pick, but it's not like he's getting picked today. I'm sure Mack wishes he could be somewhere else right now.
I would bet my life savings that the kid is more than happy to be there. He didn’t have to be there and in fact rushed back from the world championships to be there. Just because he’s a little awkward on camera doesn’t mean he isn’t ecstatic to to be there

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I would bet my life savings that the kid is more than happy to be there. He didn’t have to be there and in fact rushed back from the world championships to be there. Just because he’s a little awkward on camera doesn’t mean he isn’t ecstatic to to be there
Did he get paid?

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
9fa.jpg

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What should they have done? Be like their geographical ancestors the California Golden Seals and trade away first round picks to Montreal and be mediocre instead of terrible and eventually in Richfield, Ohio?

I wasn't being sarcastic.

Just remarking it was a well executed tank. If you're going to be bad might as well be real bad. It's when it starts becoming habitual losing that it damages a team's culture. If I were Grier I'd spend some cap on some solid vets to surround Celebrini with and shoot for a better record ASAP.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Since you are the voice of all leafs fans let me amend my statement to 30 franchises.
I am not, and I guess it is possible that you will find a fan that has rejoiced over Chicago not getting the number 1 pick. However, you can also take solace in the fact that people who rejoice in an others misfortune are, in most cases, ignorant people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad