Draft Lottery - May 7th @ 6:30 ET, ESPN (upd: #1 SJS, #2 CHI, #3 ANA)

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Nope. If they'd won the lottery this year they would have, but they didn't, so they can still win a lottery going forward.
But they did win number 2? Does it not count if you win the position you were meant to be?

Would that mean this win doesnt effect the sharks either

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
Lotta hurt butts in this thread. I assure everyone that those who are complaining the most right now will be the most stoked when their team gets the 1OA one day, they just have trouble admitting the truth because they want to be edgy.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
To those saying that the Blackhawks cannot win the lottery again for a few years: the rule is not about winning the lottery, but improving your pick. Hawks retained their position, so like the Habs in 2022, it doesn't count as a "win".

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Nope. If they'd won the lottery this year they would have, but they didn't, so they can still win a lottery going forward.
they did win the 2nd lottery. Not sure if that plays into it but since they didn’t advance a spot the point is moot

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
The league didn’t screw us!

IMG_5184.gif

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Lotta hurt butts in this thread. I assure everyone that those who are complaining the most right now will be the most stoked when their team gets the 1OA one day, they just have trouble admitting the truth because they want to be edgy.
Not me…..glad the kid is coming back to the west coast and to an area he lived in for a while…..

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Put up what? Nothing they can do if players are afraid to play of a team where they will actially have fans.
Nice weather and low taxes.

Fans are over-rated. They disturb your lunch and dinners. They drag you down by the arms at airports and they claim your valuable time. f*** the fans.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
People are upset the Sharks got 1st overall?? What??
I think in the overwhelming majority of cases it's less "the sharks got 1st overall" and more "$MY_TEAM didn't get 1st overall". And the rare exceptions to that don't matter 'cause f*** 'em.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Well tanked Sharks. Not even getting 20 wins is a generational tank job.

If we're going pain to payoff measurement then this is the most acceptable outcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad