Draft Lottery - May 7th @ 6:30 ET, ESPN (upd: #1 SJS, #2 CHI, #3 ANA)

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
How much extra did Ryan Smith pay for #2?

I'm not fussed about the possibility of picking 2nd to be honest. Obviously if we win 1OA we're taking Celebrini, but on the 92.5% chance we're picking something other than 1OA, we're going to be getting a kid who has the potential to be a franchise defenseman instead. 1OA would simply be icing on the cake.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
That would be the NHL’s dream result though if they could hand pick it
  • Give SJ something to bolster them in the doldrums. Important market with rich ticket holders that they risk slipping away without a new era.
  • Utah gets a high draft pick to drum up interest in a new market.
  • Gotta keep Chicago strong for the league.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Guys come on clearly it wasn’t the real lottery even if I would want it. Bucci isn’t stupid enough to blackball himself like that
Proper anti-jinx. But, it was most likely real. And even though Buccigross should be pilloried for this, he will go unpunished because everyone is going to watch anyway

Reactions: Summer Rose

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
That would be the NHL’s dream result though if they could hand pick it
  • Give SJ something to bolster them in the doldrums. Important market with rich ticket holders that they risk slipping away without a new era.
  • Utah gets a high draft pick to drum up interest in a new market.
  • Gotta keep Chicago strong for the league.
Don't forget Uncle Gary's Penguins - give them 4ov. For Sid.

Frogishi Willow

Apr 11, 2004
Rooting for the Sharks, Montreal, and Ottawa. Rooting against New Jersey and Chicago.

Although I don't want Pittsburgh to win, would be fascinating to follow their team in 2025 when they ultimately decide to defer San Jose their 1st round pick to 2025.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad