Draft Lottery - May 7th @ 6:30 ET, ESPN (upd: #1 SJS, #2 CHI, #3 ANA)

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
If Chicago wins it, they're eliminated from winning Hagens or McKenna, and that is NOT in the league's best interest. They won't win this year. Celebrini is a Dahlin or a Hughes level 1OA. The real conspiracy is the league making sure Chicago gets Bedard's even better cousin two years from now.
McKenna is being saved for Bettman’s beloved Penguins for a Crosby replacement

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I can live with any of San Jose/Anaheim/Columbus. Columbus the last preferable just because they're in conference and already have some solid prospects. I could even live with Utah if not for the fact that it'd telegraph the thing is rigged.

Feel like after 1st we're gonna see 1 or 2 top five guys that disappoint and then a stud way out in the late 10s or teens. It's one of those drafts that's a total crap shoot.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
The guy I responded to already used that joke. Keep up.
IMG_1854.jpeg

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Congrats? You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Still find it rich for Habs fans to comment on the Leafs lack of playoff success in recent years when they can't get to the playoffs, but well done.
Its not bad we made the finals 3 years ago we just happen to be rebuilding right now but ive enjoyed 2 cups in my life how many 2nd round playoff games have you watched?

We have more playoff success with David Desharnais as our #1 center then you guys have with that “big 4”

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Its not bad we made the finals 3 years ago we just happen to be rebuilding right now but ive enjoyed 2 cups in my life how many 2nd round playoff games have you watched?

We have more playoffs success with David Desharnais as our #1 center then you guys have with that “big 4”
Cool, you're the one bickering with me in the draft lottery thread because I made a pretty minor little chirp about the Habs missing the playoffs. The guy that I said it to hasn't even responded yet you're here going on and on. Keep it up.

I'll also never understand the 'how many wins have you seen' chirp when you have no idea how old I am.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Cool, you're the one bickering with me in the draft lottery thread because I made a pretty minor little chirp about the Habs missing the playoffs. The guy that I said it to hasn't even responded yet you're here going on and on. Keep it up.

I'll also never understand the 'how many wins have you seen' chirp when you have no idea how old I am.
ok ok ill stop lets hold hands and pray the hockey gods for a lottery win tonight :crossfing

Reactions: Rob Brown

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Who I hope wins: San Jose (the team/market needs it, good story with Celebrini's dad working for the Warriors

Who I think wins: Anaheim or Columbus

Who I kinda hope wins for Team Chaos: New Jersey or Chicago

Last edited:

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Still don’t understand what’s wrong with just giving the last place team the 1st overall pick. I really don’t get it. SJ should get the first overall. I hope it’s them.
Mario tank battle (plus probably Lindros tank battle) gave the NHL reason to institute a lottery to disincentivize teams from tanking on purpose to finish last to get the 1st overall pick.

McDavid tank battle gave the NHL reason to change it from a lottery for just 1st overall to the top 3.

Rangers winning the Lafreniere lottery with low odds, & the Red Wings complaining to the league, gave the NHL reason to change it from 3 draws to 2 draws and now you can only jump up 10 spots, plus the "Oilers rule" was instituted, where you can't win the lottery more than 2 times in a 5 year period.

Last edited:

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
Lol as a hawks fan since the 90s, not only would I like to see them get Celebrini because he is stupid good… I’d also be entertained by the absolute nuclear bomb that would go off here on HF 🤣

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
While we are on the topic of future #1’s - the Isles need really need to bottom out next year for Hagens. He can be a Jack Hughes level transformative player for their offense and is an Isles fan to boot.

Theres a franchise, as much if not more than any of these bottom teams, that needs a game changing face of the future.

Unfortunately it seems like they are determined to live in permanent purgatory with an aging roster but incapable of a rebuild strategy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad