Draft lottery has us picking?

First

• Total voters

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
If it was rigged the NHL wouldn’t have allowed the biggest star they were going to have for this generation to go to Edmonton where no one can see him. That was a disaster.
When they trade McDavid to L.A. they can have a press conference with tears and everything. He just needs a few Cups first.

Reactions: joshjull

Sabres77

Jul 22, 2019
If the draft was rigged, McDavid would be in Toronto and Matthews would be in Arizona.
The draft is rigged because Pittsburgh was in
Distress financially, omg the sky was falling in Pittsburgh, Mario was so worried,
.............................. what happened?? ......
Ooooooooooo we won Sidney Crosby?????

oh the Rangers just got knocked out of the playoffs?? OMG we got the first pick oh my heavens!!!!!!!

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
the years of tanking and finishing dead last We've always picked 1st or 2nd overall It's going to continue

Otherwise known as getting screwed over. Which would just be the cherry on top of the crappy season it's been in Buffalo.

IMO: The NHL should use the NFL standard in determining draft order. If you put up the worst record, you get the #1 pick. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
IMO: The NHL should use the NFL standard in determining draft order. If you put up the worst record, you get the #1 pick. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Problem with this is that drafting 17 y.o. hockey prospects is very different than college football players. A generational hockey talent can severely change the fortunes of an organization. It is rare a single collegiate football player can have the same impact.

In years when a Crosby or McDavid was eligible, there would be 7 or 8 teams starting ECHL goalies and benching their best players to tank for the chance to draft them. :laugh: Tanking in the NHL with an 82 game schedule would be a real problem.

Reactions: ckg927

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Problem with this is that drafting 17 y.o. hockey prospects is very different than college football players. A generational hockey talent can severely change the fortunes of an organization. It is rare a single collegiate football player can have the same impact.

In years when a Crosby or McDavid was eligible, there would be 7 or 8 teams starting ECHL goalies and benching their best players to tank for the chance to draft them. :laugh: Tanking in the NHL with an 82 game schedule would be a real problem.

I can't disagree with that take, even if I can quibble around the edges. I'd argue, however, that only NOW is McDavid coming into his own with Edmonton getting into the playoffs(it's his third time seeing the Oilers get into the postseason; granted, the Oil hasn't done much). Eichel...well, we know HIS story.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I really couldn't care less about this draft because there isn't a single player who projects to be a real difference maker, just above average types who end up useful NHL players but nothing special.

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
I voted third, but I will say they'll end up drafting fourth. Sure that's not possible, but just when you think the Sabres can't sink any lower they seem to find a way.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Honestly because this draft is inconclusive, I think we'll be picking 2nd. I think at this point getting Owen Powers, Berniers, or someone, who is brought in to help us immediately is what matters. I would almost trade down and get extra picks if someone is interested.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Honestly because this draft is inconclusive, I think we'll be picking 2nd. I think at this point getting Owen Powers, Berniers, or someone, who is brought in to help us immediately is what matters. I would almost trade down and get extra picks if someone is interested.

After listening to Jack and Sam I think you’re going to get all the extra picks you can handle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad