Draft lottery has us picking?

First

• Total voters

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess a team past say, 8, is going to win. So 9+

Simply because after this draft it won't be possible for a team past 11 to move up to #1.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Sabres have a 34.9% chance of drafting top-two and a 65.1% chance of drafting third overall

Reactions: IlikeEich

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
There is no generational player so Buffalo will get number 1 pick.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Well there is no way to prove it's rigged or NOT rigged.
Until then people will have theories.

Yes, there is: the draft drawing is handled by an outside accounting firm (I think Ernst & Young,) the odds are published ahead of time, and all teams have representatives present when the lottery is drawn

Beyond that, if you rig the lottery in favor of one team, the other 31 teams that didn't benefit will be pissed off and mutiny--especially as you've seen with what Dolan did when Wilson didn't get suspended

There's no scenario where the NHL does something as serious as rigging a lottery and there's no national media coverage talking about it--heck, when the Sabres were on their losing streak this year the GOLF DIGEST was writing articles about it. There's no way something as serious as rigging the draft lottery would go uncovered by reputable organizations if it had a remote chance of being true

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->