GDT: Draft Lottery: Habs Picking Top-3 (Wish for Very Few Whistles in Sharks/Knights Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Man, i guess im bummbed because instead of wahlstrom we'll be getting zadina, but its not the worst thing in the world..

what a waste of waiting lol i just cant believe he revealed our logo 3rd..

Reactions: sergejean

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
It won't get any better. I'm pretty sure they'll pick Tkachuk at 3. It's not even a sarcastic comment, unfortunately.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I was so sure we were going to win. But we beat the odds to move up instead of down. I am afraid that bozovin will trade 3rd OA to the flames for Bennett+.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Odds matter when the differences are large and when the event gets repeated over a significant number of times.

They are largely irrelevant when it's a one off event and the margin is small.

Odds are based on normal distributions. They are comprised of saying 'if you do this a 1000+ times,' this is what the distribution will look like.

The draft lottery isn't like this. It would matter if you had a 90%+ chance of winning for example. But we don't. 60 vs 30 in a one off event is largely irrelevant.

Well we had an 80% chance of drafting top 2 coming in. I'd consider that pretty significant. But just like in poker, sometimes the crappy hand gets lucky and wins.

By the way, the odds aren't based on normal distributions or simulations. They're based on probability. You count every possible scenario that can occur and then divide all the scenarios that have Montreal winning by that number to get our odds of winning.

Jul 6, 2016
We should all know by now waht is a LOTTERY.

No need to cry over that result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad