Draft lottery DRAWING ORDER is tomorow [April 20]!!!! OFFICIAL THREAD about results

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Legionnaire said:
When you've been looking at the 8th seed (if you're lucky) and a first round exit for the last decade(or pretty much the whole duration of your franchise) I bet you would probably re-think that.

Cups:

Penguins 2
Kings 0

Not that the Kings have any luck with their early picks either, but it was the Pens tanking that basically got them those first two(and there will be more)

I know what you are saying.I'm just tired of being out of the race by new year's, if we've ever even been considered in a race.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
MrKnowNothing said:
I know what you are saying.I'm just tired of being out of the race by new year's, if we've ever even been considered in a race.

:biglaugh: That statement is actually too funny as a Kings fan. We've been a great first half team...but....Second half? We know we're done. :biglaugh:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
While a win would be nice and all, I just hope the Caps don't get jumped by a team sitting in #5 to #8. At #4 there will be some quality forwards to choose from, either way.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Yeah...dropping down to 5 would not be cool. 4 is fine with me. Staal or Toews will be sitting there....Im good with that.

But if we win...that works too! ;)

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Well, I'll be pulling for St. Louis or Chicago. The other teams have had first picks before.

I still think they need a new system where much more movement happens, 5, 7, 10 teams or so. Especially now with the unbalanced schedule, it's ridiculous to automatically slot in a Boston ahead of a Columbus purely on points, when they only play 10 games against common opponents.
--
Hurry! Only a couple of days left to enter your playoff predictions in the 2nd Annual Playoff Certainty Contest

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
No surprise here but I'd really like to see the Yotes land in the top 3!!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Sinurgy said:
No surprise here but I'd really like to see the Yotes land in the top 3!!

A team can only move up four spots if they win the lottery.The best Phoenix could do from #8 is move up to #4.Only the bottom five teams have a chance at winning the lottery and getting the #1 pick

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Rakiet said:
I looked for this topic and didnt find it

But anyway I thought guys who's team have been eliminated would be on top of things, for example leafs and canucks fans.

this is new to canuck and leaf fans... at least over the past few years... at this time of year we're used to looking forward to the playoffs.

I was a lot more into the draft during our terrible years - all through the 80s basically, and then in the mid-late 90s... lately though, the draft seems to be a minor thing, having the playoffs to look forward to each year... until now.

If our team though missed the playoffs for 6-7 straight years (like a certain other team ;) ) I'd probably be a lot more into the draft by now... who knows, maybe I will be in 6 years :cry:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
As a Ranger fan,I know all about the lottery ;) The Rangers never had any luck in the lottery.Even in the 2005 lottery.The Rangers had three ping pong balls and still ended up with the #16 pick in the draft :shakehead

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
Yah, that was definitely tough on the Rangers considering all the controversy, but guess what???/

MARC STAAL :D

I really hope the blackhawks win this, and I hope you all say a collective prayer with me... look at our luck. Our Franchise player goes down, our signings are injured... we fall from Malkin to Barker (not that Barker's bad). We implode this season and we fall one pick short of Brule.

I find it pretty funny that Phoenix fans have those avatars about the draft and the teams who have a chance at a great prospect dont have any.

I love the one avatar

'Will it be Kessel?' :sarcasm: :biglaugh:

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
I know I consider myself a maniac for anything that looks like or seems like a draft, a lottery and all but is it possible to follow this lottery LIVE on some website????

Last edited:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Matrix said:
I know I consider myself a maniac for anything that looks like or seems like a draft, a lottery and all but is it possible to follow this draft LIVE on some website????

You mean the lottery? I don't know.

If you mean the draft, it should be shown somewhere.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Hawkhead said:
I find it pretty funny that Phoenix fans have those avatars about the draft and the teams who have a chance at a great prospect dont have any.

I love the one avatar

'Will it be Kessel?' :sarcasm: :biglaugh:
Dude, lay off. The Kessel guy got in on the avatars a bit later and most were gone. If the Yotes win the lottery and then trade up, you never know. :sarcasm:

And we needed soemthing to look forward to since the playoffs haven't been an issue for a month or more. We will get a good propsect at 8, I'm not worried.

Anyway, if you think the Hawks fans aren't on board with anything, start it up.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Matrix said:
Yep, sorry, I just edit it, so I meant the lottery.

If it is like past years, they just announce it about 15 minutes or so after it is held. They really should do what the NBA does, have it for instance between periods of one of the opening games and televise it. No clue why they do not, it is a marketing opportunity.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I hope BlackHawks win it. Would be interesting to see if they go for Erik Johnson with all the young D they already have or if they jump him to get a forward. And then I really think their organization deserves a #1 pick since they atleast tried to build a team this year but their key players all broke down like an old Toyota.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
It never ceases to amaze me that, year after year, people can't seem to grasp how the lottery works.

You either win it or you don't. You move up 4 spots if you win, and either stay in the same spot or move down one spot (if someone below you in the pecking order wins) if you don't.

Is this really that hard to grasp?

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
DJAnimosity said:
It never ceases to amaze me that, year after year, people can't seem to grasp how the lottery works.

You either win it or you don't. You move up 4 spots if you win, and either stay in the same spot or move down one spot (if someone below you in the pecking order wins) if you don't.

Is this really that hard to grasp?
Could you explain it one more time, in language I can understand?

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
Alberta Yote said:
Dude, lay off. The Kessel guy got in on the avatars a bit later and most were gone. If the Yotes win the lottery and then trade up, you never know. :sarcasm:

And we needed soemthing to look forward to since the playoffs haven't been an issue for a month or more. We will get a good propsect at 8, I'm not worried.

Anyway, if you think the Hawks fans aren't on board with anything, start it up.

But at your spot theres alot of guys

At ours (3) theres like 3 guys and if we win theres only one, so they'd run out quick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad