Draft Lists

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Booo. Must kill Douglas now. Actually was debating how to sort my list between 4 guys and I started with Meckler at the top. I was afraid you (specifically you in fact) would take him but Doug convinced me that Meckler was safe to go later. Grrrr.

Want to trade ;)

Actually, I said it was a gamble, but that he might drop. You pointed out that the other people in the round with all the picks were the Matts and Brocks of the world, at which point I agreed he was the sort of player they went after, since they are such notorious prospect hounds who - like you - tend to mine previous years' lists. And that's where we left it. If you changed your order at that point, it's all on you, sunshine! :D

Default101

so how long after the lists are submitted that the actual draft results will be announced?

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
some of my wanted ( listed) european players were left undrafted .. but thats the way it goes with current rules .. nhl teams rather wait and then pick later them to nhl.

Meidl, Kokkila, Lehtera .. some of the names i expected to be drafted

waiting for HFNHL late round results..

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
yu left me group of europeans when yu picked Tengradi :(

Behind Tangradi i had Owuya, Meidl, roman, Ruzicka, Antonovsky, Lehtera, kytnar :)

Sharks were hunting in a deep waters! But there are all the BIG fishes :)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
For a guy with only one pick left - and that in the 7th round - I'm inordinately excited to hear the results of the remainder of the draft. Especially since I can be pretty confident that the player on my list most likely to still be on the board with my pick did not actually get drafted in the NHL...

Andrew Chang-Sang - as far as your draft list goes, I don't think you can submit a list at this point, given that the NHL draft has already taken place. At best I think you could submit a basic instruction, otherwis eI see it falling to "highest CSB skater remaining". Matt?

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Draft List

CSB rankings are fine. Since I've put out the note on Dryden, I've been locked away with lawyers at work. I don't have an internet connection at work and am just sitting down now at home.

I've got to bite the bullet and am now searching for an AGM. All interested parties respond to [email protected]

On a positive note, Tim Hortons will now accept Mastercard and later this calendar year, Tim's will be accepting a Tim's cash card. Hence, the reason of the MIA. Also, Sidney Crosby's uncle is the Director of Regional Marketing at Tims. Apparently Sid will be visiting the offices soon.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
CSB rankings are fine. Since I've put out the note on Dryden, I've been locked away with lawyers at work. I don't have an internet connection at work and am just sitting down now at home.

I've got to bite the bullet and am now searching for an AGM. All interested parties respond to [email protected]

On a positive note, Tim Hortons will now accept Mastercard and later this calendar year, Tim's will be accepting a Tim's cash card. Hence, the reason of the MIA. Also, Sidney Crosby's uncle is the Director of Regional Marketing at Tims. Apparently Sid will be visiting the offices soon.

Glad to hear you're keeping busy - and back in a better situation (if not better time-wise!). Also glad to hear you're spilling all the juicy insider info! (kidding, of course!).

Matt - hopefully this gives you what you need to proceed with the rest of the draft.

Default101

Depending on the 96 and 97 (that have not yet been reported by their GM's), I can add that Colorado used picks 98 and 99 to pick two defensemen out of Kidd, Hellgren, Kampfer and Ellington.

Kidd=Very Underrated saw him play twice, both times he was very solid.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
So, here's what the top half of the 4th round looks like from what I've been able to find out:

91: Karamnov DET
92: Patterson CGY
93: Kytnar DET
94: Meckler FLA
95: Tangradi COL
96: Ellington CHI
97: Bortuzzo ATL
98: Kidd COL
99: Hellgren COL
100: Ruzicka FLA
101: Biega NSH
102: ??? EDM
103: Kampfer/Bodrov COL
104: Lucenius/Goncharov STL
105: Owuya/Meidl SJ
106: Bezak BUF
107: ??? CGY
108: Goncharov? STL
109: ??? CGY
110: ??? DET
111: ??? TOR
112: ??? CAR
113: ??? ANA
114: ??? FLA

Feel free to fill in the blanks and continue the list.

Last edited:

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Now the cursing begins.. **** **** ***** *** ***** ***** ****!!!!!
Why did you go and steal Tangradi from me when you could have had Patterson?

Actually, it's my fault. :D

Somehow, I misread Matt's list and had him pick Tangradi...he actually had Tangradi third on his list behind Patterson and Ellington. A mistake, to be sure, but an honest one!

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
No...to change the pick would require me to re-do the entire draft. Calgary has agreed to keep the Tangradi pick.

While I would still prefer to have Patterson, I appreciate all the work required to do this once, let alone twice, so I can't ask Matt to re-do it. I'm gonna open negotiations with Josh to see if we can work something out and contact Ville as well to see if we can work out a deal for Tangradi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->