Patriots/NFL 2020 - Football is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm sure the team if advisors he has working for him were also aware that NE wouldn't gave much cap space this off-season and there was little opportunity to bring in more weapons for Tom.

Absolutely. This is also about Brady dumping Edelman and Sanu.

You think we didn’t give him GM powers burning a second on Sanu and doing the Antonio Brown thing?

Jules still had 100 catches and Sanu is what he is. I worry about their commitment but what moves could we make to get 2 better vets?

Also I would definitely wager the player he was taking about ‘Dont put that guy on the field I don’t trust him’ is still on the roster.

The groups fine I like the tight ends they got the big boy who can move and is 25lbs heavier than the tweener dudes in the draft and a FB/TE hybrid to push Green Bay guy. That position isn’t gonna be that bad. Stiddy knows Harry Meyers and Gunner. Byrd will likely have less than 10 catches but watch us sneak him onto the field and hit a 60 yarder at some point or Jeff Thomas is that hidden speed guy. And the 2 vets. BB showed Edelman and Sanu respect not drafting a WR.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

You think we didn’t give him GM powers burning a second on Sanu and doing the Antonio Brown thing?

Jules still had 100 catches and Sanu is what he is. I worry about their commitment but what moves could we make to get 2 better vets?

Also I would definitely wager the player he was taking about ‘Dont put that guy on the field I don’t trust him’ is still on the roster.

The groups fine I like the tight ends they got the big boy who can move and is 25lbs heavier than the tweener dudes in the draft and a FB/TE hybrid to push Green Bay guy. That position isn’t gonna be that bad. Stiddy knows Harry Meyers and Gunner. Byrd will likely have less than 10 catches but watch us sneak him onto the field and hit a 60 yarder at some point or Jeff Thomas is that hidden speed guy. And the 2 vets. BB showed Edelman and Sanu respect not drafting a WR.

If TB had a way to get Jules to come with him he would have. I'm actually excited for next season. New chapter in Patriots football and I expect we see a style of offense we haven't seen with Brady.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If TB had a way to get Jules to come with him he would have. I'm actually excited for next season. New chapter in Patriots football and I expect we see a style of offense we haven't seen with Brady.

I doubt we open it up too much. All comes down to the run game. Mason-Andrews-Thuney and a fullback will make things a lot different. But one designed QB run per gam will open up lanes just as much.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I doubt we open it up too much. All comes down to the run game. Mason-Andrews-Thuney and a fullback will make things a lot different. But one designed QB run per gam will open up lanes just as much.

I think we could see some RPO this year with Stidham to keep teams honest. He's a good short yard passer and has some good mobility. Definitely expect some different looks this year. Could be a great year for White. I agree though, the run game will be key. It was a huge reason we didn't go deeper last year.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

The Pats receiving core is bottom third of the league. No home run threat; virtually no speed at all. The tight ends are a complete crap shoot; some promise but alot to prove. Hopefully SM remembers how to run hard again as they need a strong running game to help out Stidham.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Seems like kind of a fake extension. Takes him through age 36, but I doubt he's still playing by that point. I'm guessing they basically added fake years to the end, and paid him more upfront so that it was worth it for him to sign. Saying all that, I could have sworn that the new CBA made it so teams couldn't use extra fake years to spread out cap hits, but I'm not sure about that.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Seems like kind of a fake extension. Takes him through age 36, but I doubt he's still playing by that point. I'm guessing they basically added fake years to the end, and paid him more upfront so that it was worth it for him to sign. Saying all that, I could have sworn that the new CBA made it so teams couldn't use extra fake years to spread out cap hits, but I'm not sure about that.

Idk. There's so many other moves they could have made if it was for cap room purposes. I love Chung, but it's about time to go.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
that is certainly fascinating

You have to think they’re gonna be simplifying things this year. Would certainly be easier on guys like Harry

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
For what it's worth, I think there's something to the idea that the Patriots won't completely abandon the Brady offense, but that there will certainly be tweeks that will make them look a lot more like the way the 49ers played last year.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That’s awful :(

I feel so badly for him and even worse for his wife. The seem like awesome members of our community and that just makes this that much sadder, they deserve better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad