Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This woman is insane, disgusting and slanderous

Unbelieveable

Patriots draft pick Justin Rohrwasser says he’ll cover controversial tattoo linked to anti-government group - The Boston Globe

The Patriots used their first pick on Day 3 of the NFL Draft to pick up a new kicker, Justin Rohrwasser from Marshall.
Rohrwasser began his career at Rhode Island before transferring to play for the Thundering Herd.
Shortly after the Patriots selected Rohrwasser, promotional photos from his time at Marshall began circulating on social media. Featured prominently on Rohrwasser’s arm is a tattoo that is known as a symbol for the Three Percenters, a group recognized by the Southern Poverty Law Center as an “anti-government” organization.
Rohrwasser acknowledged the tattoo during a conference call with Patriots media members on Saturday. Here’s what he said:

Question: One of your tattoos matches a group called the Three Percenters. What’s the story there?
Rohrwasser’s response: “I got that tattoo when I was a teenager and I have a lot of family in the military. I thought it stood for a military support symbol at the time. Obviously, it’s evolved into something that I do not want to represent. When I look back on it, I should have done way more research before I put any mark or symbol like that on my body, and it’s not something I ever want to represent. It will be covered.”

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Patriots draft pick Justin Rohrwasser says he’ll cover controversial tattoo linked to anti-government group - The Boston Globe

The Patriots used their first pick on Day 3 of the NFL Draft to pick up a new kicker, Justin Rohrwasser from Marshall.
Rohrwasser began his career at Rhode Island before transferring to play for the Thundering Herd.
Shortly after the Patriots selected Rohrwasser, promotional photos from his time at Marshall began circulating on social media. Featured prominently on Rohrwasser’s arm is a tattoo that is known as a symbol for the Three Percenters, a group recognized by the Southern Poverty Law Center as an “anti-government” organization.
Rohrwasser acknowledged the tattoo during a conference call with Patriots media members on Saturday. Here’s what he said:

Question: One of your tattoos matches a group called the Three Percenters. What’s the story there?
Rohrwasser’s response: “I got that tattoo when I was a teenager and I have a lot of family in the military. I thought it stood for a military support symbol at the time. Obviously, it’s evolved into something that I do not want to represent. When I look back on it, I should have done way more research before I put any mark or symbol like that on my body, and it’s not something I ever want to represent. It will be covered.”

I hate to dive into the political and racial quagmire of all this, but the 3 percenters aren't even a white supremacist group. Jemele Hill doesn't even know the kid and she used her platform to put him on full blast. That really pisses me off.

Reactions: Strafer and Ratty

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I hate to dive into the political and racial quagmire of all this, but the 3 percenters aren't even a white supremacist group. Jemele Hill doesn't even know the kid and she used her platform to put him on full blast. That really pisses me off.

I dont know anything about the subject. I posted the Globe piece because to me it appears that the kid is reacting appropriately.

Reactions: Strafer and Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jemele Hill is a major piece of shit for that

also the crying about Brian Hoyer in the last thread is annoying. He’s a backup QB, if he’s playing we are tanking. Carry on.

Reactions: Strafer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think people can tell where I lean by the covid thread- Jemele Hill calling this kid a white supremacist because he has a guns rights/anti-gov tattoo and likes trump is slanderous

is he dumb for tattooing himself with sewing needles and for getting a 3% tattoo? Yeah. But he’s also a kid that says he’s going to cover it up. I’m glad Jemele was a perfect 22 year old.

like in Jemele’s thread they’re criticizing him for liking a Jocko Willink book and lumping him in with Candace Owens. What on earth???

What a jackass Hill is. Honestly. This kind of infuriated me.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I dont know anything about the subject. I posted the Globe piece because to me it appears that the kid is reacting appropriately.

Def agree with you Wally... i posted it too in the last thread. Unless people that actually know the kid and have intimate knowledge of him call him out, this is all just media inflamed bullshit.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

I think even questioning her makes you a racist. She’s a know it all of the highest degree...

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
This woman is insane, disgusting and slanderous

Unbelieveable

He looks like he might be a small LB ?
This will be one of BB's finest picks, kid has a great leg and is awesome in the clutch.
Who cares about his tattoos?
The kid has not even stepped on the practice field yet and people are trying to find faults with him.
Move onto something else more constructive.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He looks like he might be a small LB ?
This will be one of BB's finest picks, kid has a great leg and is awesome in the clutch.
Who cares about his tattoos?
The kid has not even stepped on the practice field yet and people are trying to find faults with him.
Move onto something else more constructive.

Especially when the kids already acknowledged it, owned it, said he isn’t proud of it and said he’s covering it up.

These people want to blackball him from the league and call him a white supremacist over a tattoo. The SPLC doesn’t even consider the 3%ers a hate group, just anti-government. We had a goalie like that a decade ago iirc.

This is the part of cancel culture I hate. Some people do genuinely deserve to be ruined, this kid currently does not deserve that. Dude had the best day of his life spoiled and had to go private on Twitter because a couple morons with a platform wanted to slander him

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s a just libertarian it sounds. Why is that anyone’s business?

because it’s 2020 and the president has polarized people to the point where the country is irreparably damaged

Are there a bigger group of losers on the planet than the people who go back through thousands of a kids tweets on draft day to try and expose them for what they tweeted when they were 16? Probably not

Reactions: BrainOfJ

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
because it’s 2020 and the president has polarized people to the point where the country is irreparably damaged

Are there a bigger group of losers on the planet than the people who go back through thousands of a kids tweets on draft day to try and expose them for what they tweeted when they were 16? Probably not

I agree with the second paragraph for sure.

Reactions: CDJ

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Know how fickle people are? When Bosa was drafted the whole Bay Area Hayes him because of his Trump tweets. When they were winning there wasn’t a peep. When they lost it started again.

Jemelle hill has always been a moron race baiter and a hater of things Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad