Draft Guides

Ten

Apr 25, 2007
Toronto.
for magazines? I'll take the THN one for 5 bucks..even if it may not have as much info..

I just think 25 or 26 bucks is a little expensive for a magazine..

agreed, unless it's filled with a bunch of naked women, it ain't worth it.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
for magazines? I'll take the THN one for 5 bucks..even if it may not have as much info..

then you should never visit norway:teach::sarcasm:

seriously, norway has to be the most expencive country in the world.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Judging by past issues, McKeens may be 4 times as expensive, but it's about 10 times better.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
well now u guys have me curious :(

The only thing though I'd worry about is the time to ship here. I'd be paying paypal (echeck) and that takes about a week to clear..

It says it ships in June sometime...I'd better get it BEFORE the draft.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site

The only thing though I'd worry about is the time to ship here. I'd be paying paypal (echeck) and that takes about a week to clear..

I ordered it too (a month ago), I hope it gets here in real early June. It isn't much good if it is a few days before the draft. Too much cramming.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
then you should never visit norway:teach::sarcasm:

seriously, norway has to be the most expencive country in the world.

You are not kidding there. I went over to visit my fiancee, now my wife, about 15 years ago and paid over $50 for three pieces of apple cake and 3 hot chocolates at the Oslo ski jump.
Big Macs without the meal were $6.
Norway is beautiful (the women are too), but ridiculously expensive. Socialized everything at its finest. Taxes included.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
You are not kidding there. I went over to visit my fiancee, now my wife, about 15 years ago and paid over $50 for three pieces of apple cake and 3 hot chocolates at the Oslo ski jump.
Big Macs without the meal were $6.
Norway is beautiful (the women are too), but ridiculously expensive. Socialized everything at its finest. Taxes included.

yeah. its crasy here. for a big mac meal you have to pay about 15 U.S $. if you go to norways highest mountain you have to pay about 7-8 U.S$ for a glass of limonade. and clothes are ridicoulosly over-prized. its not even funny.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada

Yea ive been curious about the Mckeens one for 2 years now....im gonna get it this year as well.....hopefully it is worth the extra money.........I also am using an E check through paypal so hopefully it makes it at least a week or 2 before the draft.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
yeah. its crasy here. for a big mac meal you have to pay about 15 U.S $. if you go to norways highest mountain you have to pay about 7-8 U.S$ for a glass of limonade. and clothes are ridicoulosly over-prized. its not even funny.

The pay must be scale as well though? They cant charge you 15 bucks for mcdonalds and then only pay you a low salary......your salary must be inflated big time over there?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
The pay must be scale as well though? They cant charge you 15 bucks for mcdonalds and then only pay you a low salary......your salary must be inflated big time over there?

i believe the average salary here is 40.000 U.S $ or something like that pr. year. is that high or low compared to other country's??

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
i believe the average salary here is 40.000 U.S $ or something like that pr. year. is that high or low compared to other country's??

well i dont think thats ridiculously high actually compared to canada at least........i think the average salary in canada is something like 35,000 cdn$. I thought average would be a lot higher there.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I picked up an issue of The Hockey News last year in June to check out the prospect write ups. I was pretty happy w/ it and had an idea about players going into the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad