Draft game 2005-2015

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Okay, let's pretend every player drafted from 2005-2015 is 17/18 again about to be drafted. We know nothing about what some of these guys have done in the NHL because they haven't played yet. We can just go by what they've done in Junior/college/euro and by what analysts and scouts have said, hyping them up

What would your lists look like? Make your list as long as you want it.

Obviously some of the lists will be different. I'm going by what I remember about each of these guys being hyped. I'm not doing any research going through the most highly rated prospects or anything. I prob have Taylor Hall higher than most but what he did for Canada at the juniors and the mem cup I remember him being hyped quite a bit

Also, I realize I have players that were picked lower in a certain draft class ahead guys picked before them. I think in some cases a certain team just liked a prospect more than the consensus did. you're free to make your own lists.

1. Sidney Crosby (1)
2. Connor McDavid (1)
3. John Tavares (1)
4. Jack Eichel (2)
5. Nathan Mackinnon (1)
6. Taylor Hall (1)
7. Steven Stamkos (1)
8. Eric Johnson (1)
9. Drew Doughty (2)
10. Patrick Kane (1)
11. Victor Hedman (2)
12. Tyler Seguin (2)
13. Aaron Ekblad (1)
14. Seth Jones (4)
15. Jonathan Drouin (3)
16. Ryan Nugent Hopkins (1)
17. Jordan Staal (2)
18. Alex Barkov (2)
19. Jonathan Toews (3)
20. Mitch Marner (4)
21. Noah Hanifin (5)
22. Matt Duchene (3)
23. Dylan Strome (3)

Idk after that. I'm sure this list is probably bad but w/e

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Okay, let's pretend every player drafted from 2005-2015 is 17/18 again about to be drafted. We know nothing about what some of these guys have done in the NHL because they haven't played yet. We can just go by what they've done in Junior/college/euro and by what analysts and scouts have said, hyping them up

What would your lists look like? Make your list as long as you want it.

Obviously some of the lists will be different. I'm going by what I remember about each of these guys being hyped. I'm not doing any research going through the most highly rated prospects or anything. I prob have Taylor Hall higher than most but what he did for Canada at the juniors and the mem cup I remember him being hyped quite a bit

Also, I realize I have players that were picked lower in a certain draft class ahead guys picked before them. I think in some cases a certain team just liked a prospect more than the consensus did. you're free to make your own lists.

1. Sidney Crosby (1)
2. Connor McDavid (1)
3. John Tavares (1)
4. Jack Eichel (2)
5. Nathan Mackinnon (1)
6. Taylor Hall (1)
7. Steven Stamkos (1)
8. Eric Johnson (1)
9. Drew Doughty (2)
10. Patrick Kane (1)
11. Victor Hedman (2)
12. Tyler Seguin (2)
13. Aaron Ekblad (1)
14. Seth Jones (4)
15. Jonathan Drouin (3)
16. Ryan Nugent Hopkins (1)
17. Jordan Staal (2)
18. Alex Barkov (2)
19. Jonathan Toews (3)
20. Mitch Marner (4)
21. Noah Hanifin (5)
22. Matt Duchene (3)
23. Dylan Strome (3)

Idk after that. I'm sure this list is probably bad but w/e

Good list.

I would swap Hall and Stamkos.
I would also find room for Kessel. He fell on draft day, but it doesn't change the fact that many thought he was the BPA

Last, I would add Yakupov. A lot of people like myself thought he was going to be mini-Ovi

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Good list.

I would swap Hall and Stamkos.
I would also find room for Kessel. He fell on draft day, but it doesn't change the fact that many thought he was the BPA

Last, I would add Yakupov. A lot of people like myself thought he was going to be mini-Ovi

I'd keep Hall above him. It's close though

Agreed on Kessel, I forgot about him. He'd be there somewhere

Yak Idk. That class was pretty weak on paper. He'd be in the 25-30 range imo

ryan519*

Jesus man, you've got Mcdavid going before guys like Tavares, kane, stamkos, seguin? All who are very young and already established stars in the league

If given the chance I think you'd be crazy to take a guy, no matter how hyped, who hasn't played a single NHL game yet over the likes of those others.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Jesus man, you've got Mcdavid going before guys like Tavares, kane, stamkos, seguin? All who are very young and already established stars in the league

If given the chance I think you'd be crazy to take a guy, no matter how hyped, who hasn't played a single NHL game yet over the likes of those others.

Good job reading the post though.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

:facepalm:

Good list OP. I'd personally switch Stammer and Hall.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd keep Hall above him. It's close though

Agreed on Kessel, I forgot about him. He'd be there somewhere

Yak Idk. That class was pretty weak on paper. He'd be in the 25-30 range imo

If we're going by what they did pre-NHL then I'm not sure how Yakupov doesn't crack your list while players like Marner, Hanifin and Strome do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->