Speculation: draft day trades..boom or bust??

Will we see as many trades as we expect?

• Total voters

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Today was a Dud on the trade front, but the draft it self had some interesting story lines.

1) the big d-men falling because of the push for centers in the top 7.
2) The islanders winning Big with Wahlstrom and Dobson

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I think Detroit ended up with a solid night

I think Detroit had a great draft, but the isles picked the best quantity they could have hoped for. Let’s say they do lose Tavares. Barzal, Dobson, Wahlstrom is solid base to be starting a rebuild on

But as far as the thread goes, I knew there wasn’t going to be the hundred that the always say but figured we’d see a couple

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I think Detroit had a great draft, but the isles picked the best quantity they could have hoped for. Let’s say they do lose Tavares. Barzal, Dobson, Wahlstrom is solid base to be starting a rebuild on

But as far as the thread goes, I knew there wasn’t going to be the hundred that the always say but figured we’d see a couple
Yup. One trade to tease us at the start of the draft and that's all folks. See ya tomorrow :laugh:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Subban weber/hall larsson happened on june 29th FWIW 2 years ago.

ROR was never being moved before July 1 due to his bonus and the market's being held up by Tavares/Kovalchuk

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Subban weber/hall larsson happened on june 29th FWIW 2 years ago.

ROR was never being moved before July 1 due to his bonus and the market's being held up by Tavares/Kovalchuk
Tavares I can see. Teams holding out there $10 million plus of cap space in the unlikely event he even hits UFA.

Kovy, at age 35, realistically, I would maybe think he can score 22-25 goals for my team. I wouldn't be expecting a 30 goal pace from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->