GDT: Draft Day Shenanigans

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
May as well pick up the extra pick even if it is only a third for Toronto to move down like 4 spots

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Well that was a snoozer of a draft.
Maybe Treliving will engage the hype thrusters tomorrow.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The main boards have insisted this is a strong draft but I only liked (as in consider them good first round picks) around 15-20 prospects in the entire first round.

Reactions: snipetype
Sep 13, 2009
This is what happens when you trade away all your picks. That Hamonic trade might come back to bite Treliving in the ass.

PS. Did anyone else catch the money shot after the Kotkaniemi pick? And no, I'm not talking about the Habs fans. :eek:

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
also, if the Sens GM Dorion keeps this pick and gives up next years pick, he's an absolute MORON

Keeping the pick was fine, it was drafting Tkachuk who I heard isn't even ready that was dumb beyond words. Sens really angered me tonight. They better pick a stud with their 48th overall pick or else.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just listening to more scouts, it doesn't seem like that was a bad pick by any stretch. Tkachuk is thought by many to be the most complete player in the draft, and maybe he can be a galvanizing force in getting that team back on track next year.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
also, if the Sens GM Dorion keeps this pick and gives up next years pick, he's an absolute MORON
Not really. There is a better than 50% chance that next year's pick is 4th overall even if the Sens go 0-82 next year. The expectation value of the pick position if they come dead last is 2.97, so essentially 3rd overall. They ended up in a position where (because of Montreal picking Kotka) they were essentially picking 3rd overall this year. Mathematically speaking, it is better to take the pick this year than hold out hope for a statistically-improbably result next year, where the odds say you'd be in the same position, with the player an additional year away.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
This is what happens when you trade away all your picks. That Hamonic trade might come back to bite Treliving in the ass.

PS. Did anyone else catch the money shot after the Kotkaniemi pick? And no, I'm not talking about the Habs fans. :eek:

Oooo00Oh yeaaaa

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Just listening to more scouts, it doesn't seem like that was a bad pick by any stretch. Tkachuk is thought by many to be the most complete player in the draft, and maybe he can be a galvanizing force in getting that team back on track next year.

Would you rather have a complete player that has questionable IQ and questionable offensive upside rather than a forward that might be a bit slower or weaker defensively but has significantly better tools, toolbox, and offensive upside?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Would you rather have a complete player that has questionable IQ and questionable offensive upside rather than a forward that might be a bit slower or weaker defensively but has significantly better tools, toolbox, and offensive upside?

Lol you have no idea what you are talking about.

1. How many times have you actually watched Tkachuk play?

2. Why does he have low IQ/potential?

3. Who in this draft class had a better draft -1 season statistically?

4. Who does he share genetics with?

5. Who was the best draft eligible player at the WJC?

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I'd trade a 4th and Stone for Addison or Thomas. I had both as late firsts.

Thomas gone at 51.

Addison gone at 53 lmao.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad