GDT: Draft Day Shenanigans

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Nah. If his team surprises, finishes out of bottom 5, and then 3 teams behind him win lottery and he ends up with a 7-10 overall next year, and he gave up 4th this year, he's a moron.

Lose/lose. We literally won't know until next year if his decision was the bettrr one. But if it was me, I don't know if I would give up 4th overall. That's still a great pick

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Nah. If his team surprises, finishes out of bottom 5, and then 3 teams behind him win lottery and he ends up with a 7-10 overall next year, and he gave up 4th this year, he's a moron.

Lose/lose. We literally won't know until next year if his decision was the bettrr one. But if it was me, I don't know if I would give up 4th overall. That's still a great pick

everyone and their mother is expecting Ottawa to be Lotto central next season after the circus going on there, and if they trade Karlsson....?
I'd say there's a much better chance of them getting a top 3 pick than not being a lottery team
Don't forget the Jack Hughes Sweepstakes, gifting Colorado a potential lottery pick for him and taking a good, but not franchise altering type player like Hughes would cost the team so much more than this pick would

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
But you literally never know, which is the problem.

Plus if you give up the 4th, you're telling the team and fans that you're expecting to be worse next year.

If I'm Karlsson, and they give up this pick, that's final nail, and I tell the team I will absolutely not re-sign.

I see the positives in giving up today's pick. But it's definitely a lose lose situation.

Reactions: MonyontheMoney

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Good for Bettman to shut down the boo birds as he's dealing with a Humboldt related honor

Reactions: Ck1

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Bettman is getting old too... stop locking out our players!!

giphy.gif

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Burke throwing shade at Carolina drafting so high haha

Yeah teams did worse last year, but Carolina has not been good inna long time, but they have been trying. So they have not gotten as much top end talent. That fanbase deserves something nice

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
If Montreal should have tried trading down to #5 or so if they were going to take Kotkaniemi.

Though they probably tried. Curious to see how this works for Montreal

Reactions: Bronco Horvat

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Arizona gets Zadina, unless they go off board, they have got to be pleased

Edit: guess not. Zadina is falling

Last edited:

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I know he went 11 but I’d much rather have wahlstrom than hamonic right now, just sayin. (I do still think it was a fair trade at the time, and I do like hamonic)

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
everyone and their mother is expecting Ottawa to be Lotto central next season after the circus going on there, and if they trade Karlsson....?
I'd say there's a much better chance of them getting a top 3 pick than not being a lottery team
Don't forget the Jack Hughes Sweepstakes, gifting Colorado a potential lottery pick for him and taking a good, but not franchise altering type player like Hughes would cost the team so much more than this pick would
The announcers on Sportsnet said that the pick is lottery protected. If the Sens pick top three next year, my understanding is, they keep the pick. Not 100% though.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Didn't think there was much chance of trades at the draft, but was hoping I'd be wrong and we'd see a couple by niw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad